Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-NFA 11.5" Barrel Rifle (Franklin Armory Reformation)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm going to keep an eye on this one. Hope it's easily applied as I've got a build in progress but haven't decided on the barrel length yet.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    Wouldn't touch one with a 26" pole.
    I have to agree
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by slimedog View Post
    On the other hand, it's unbelievable that nobody would have gone down this path before.
    All sorts of paths have been open for years that are being taken by new blood in the industry. The traditional firearms industry didn't take them. It really seems that many that go in to the business aren't exactly comfortable with peons owning guns in the first place (William B. Ruger being just 1 really good example) but still like the income from the 60-80% of their business derived from sales to private citizens while always catering to and fawning over their minority customer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gun fires on release of trigger, not pull of trigger.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Did anyone bother to read where they state that it has already been approved by Chief of the Firearms Technology Division?
    Yes, like I read the Akins Accelerator was approved, Open Bolt S/A Subguns were approved, BM-3000 was approved, a shoelace and a ring is a MG, and a Slidefire is TBD.

Over/Under on how long before this gets changed?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Non-NFA 11.5" Barrel Rifle

The question is: WHEN the ATF reverses itself, will everyone who owns one be an instant felon or will you be allowed the privilege to sell or NFA the thing?

I have ZERO faith that this will stand very long. I certainly hope it does as that could be fun, but holding my breath isnt something I’m inclined to do.

On a different note, how would a smooth bore AR fare as far as accuracy and such go?

Feedback Score
    This is certainly an interesting development. I'm happy to have an AR pistol with Shockwave brace as my 11.5 because it doesn't require a form 20 to go across state lines. I do wonder what happens when ATF changes their collective minds on this.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ATF just needs to get rid of all the classifications and just have FIREARM/ARMS only restricted from felons. IE The Bill of Rights just list "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    One of the theories I've seen is that the binary trigger means that the gun is no longer an SBR, as a single trigger pull sends out more than one bullet, but it's not a machine gun either, as a single trigger manipulation does not send out more than a single bullet. Thus, it's not an SBR, nor a machine gun, but just a firearm. The selector switch give some credence to that idea, IMO, and allows for you to use it like a normal gun if you wanted. Either way, we'll see if this is truly ATF-proof soon enough, and there will still be the various state laws to skirt (e.g., in TX, SBRs were illegal under state law until a few years ago, but having a tax stamp was an affirmative defense).

Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    Read somewhere someone called FA and confirmed it is not smoothbore.
    Looks like it has a three position fire selector, so if ‘binary’ from manufacture does it skirt lines between classes of ‘firearm’ and ‘rifle’
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    What if the trigger required two "pulls" of the trigger to fire? Still a rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Gun fires on release of trigger, not pull of trigger.
    I’m pretty positive it’s in the trigger. The last two posts I quoted are very smart.

I would think it’s a ‘safe’ ‘fire only on release’ and ‘fire on pull and release’ trigger set up. I think for almost all of us this is going to be a no go.

I don’t think it would be able to have a standard trigger mode as that would make it a rifle again. This is why their standard three position binary trigger would be a no. But changing the single shot mode to fire on release would make it so the gun never ‘fires one shot with a pull of the trigger’

Personally I’m good with my pistol braces.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    The Binary trigger does not change the category a firearm falls under. Check out the Franklin Armory XO Series. It takes advantage of the OAL minimum to allow the use of a vertical foregrip.

https://www.franklinarmory.com/collections/xo-series
    The speculation I read was because the BT was installed factory, if it’s a copy of the XO series why bother? Does the XO have a BT?

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast