Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 G19 Threaded Barrel

Feedback Score

Gen 5 G19 Threaded Barrel

I'm about to buy my first Glock and have almost decided on the Gen5 G19 over the Gen 4; the finger grooves on the Gen 4 just don't feel right in my hand. The one thing holding me back from a Gen 5 is that I like to shoot suppressed, but can't find a 13.5x1 LH threaded barrel. All the other pistols I have are Sigs with 13.5x1 LH threaded barrels so it would make it really convenient to not have to fool with changing pistons. Anyone know if using the factory Gen 4 threaded barrel in a Gen 5 would cause problems? Is there anyone that makes a Gen 5 13.5x1 LH threaded barrel?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    From what I saw on the KKM website its a no-go.

you might just have to wait a bit longer for people to start production, but I am sure they will sooner or later
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    G19 Gen4 barrels will work on a G19 Gen5.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Further to what 556BlackRifle said, there were Gen4 factory G19 (and G17 for that matter) threaded barrels at Brownells over the summer. I have one ea for the G19 and G17. Now I need to pick up a G17Gen4 to complement my Gen5 (as the G17Gen4 bbl won't work in the Gen5, I believe.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    G19 Gen4 barrels will work on a G19 Gen5.
    I called Glock and they told me that it would not work. Also spoke with glockparts.com and was told it wouldn't work. Then saw a video by NFA Review Channel and saw that a Gen 4 threaded barrel worked, but it wasn't a factory barrel. Can you explain why the barrel will work?

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I was recently told by SilencerCo that their Glock 19 Gen 3/4 Barrels will work with Gen 5s, but I haven't tested it myself. Their G19 barrels, however, are threaded in 1/2x28 so that won't work in your case.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n517rv View Post
    I was recently told by SilencerCo that their Glock 19 Gen 3/4 Barrels will work with Gen 5s, but I haven't tested it myself. Their G19 barrels, however, are threaded in 1/2x28 so that won't work in your case.
    I may just need to get a SilencerCo barrel and then pick up a new suppressor (maybe Omega 9K) to go with it. I can always use a new suppressor haha

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Unlike the Glock 17 Gen 5, the 19 Gen 5 barrel profile/locking etc, did not change. Factory or aftermarket should work fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    Unlike the Glock 17 Gen 5, the 19 Gen 5 barrel profile/locking etc, did not change. Factory or aftermarket should work fine.
    I hope that is the case, but I wonder why I keep getting different answers. Glock says it won't work, glockparts.com first said it would then said it wouldn't, and when asked on another forum members have said yes and no. I'd love to hear someone with a factory G19 barrel put it in a Gen 5 and give it a try.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hbrogers View Post
    I called Glock and they told me that it would not work. Also spoke with glockparts.com and was told it wouldn't work. Then saw a video by NFA Review Channel and saw that a Gen 4 threaded barrel worked, but it wasn't a factory barrel. Can you explain why the barrel will work?
    I have a Gen4 G19 and a Gen5 G19. I have run the Gen4 G19 barrel in my Gen5 G19 and it ran fine. No more than a few mags were run through it but there were no problems. Accuracy was pretty much the same from what I could tell. (Off hand shooting only.)

As a side note, the Gen5 G19 barrel will fit in a Gen4 G19. There doesn't seem to be any difference. Unfortunately, I did not shoot this combo so I cannot verify that it will actually work, but I see no reason why it wouldn't.

Regarding the Gen5 G17 barrel, I don't have one but it is my understanding that the Gen5 G17 and the Gen5 19 use the same locking block. I think there's a good chance that the Gen5 G17 barrel would work in a G19 if the G19 RSA is used. But like I said, I have not done this and cannot verify that it would work.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast