Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gen 5 G19 Threaded Barrel

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    From what I can see the only difference between a Gen5 19 barrel and the previous gens is that the ramp on the top of the barrel hood is not present on the Gen5.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    I have a Gen4 G19 and a Gen5 G19. I have run the Gen4 G19 barrel in my Gen5 G19 and it ran fine. No more than a few mags were run through it but there were no problems. Accuracy was pretty much the same from what I could tell. (Off hand shooting only.)

As a side note, the Gen5 G19 barrel will fit in a Gen4 G19. There doesn't seem to be any difference. Unfortunately, I did not shoot this combo so I cannot verify that it will actually work, but I see no reason why it wouldn't.

Regarding the Gen5 G17 barrel, I don't have one but it is my understanding that the Gen5 G17 and the Gen5 19 use the same locking block. I think there's a good chance that the Gen5 G17 barrel would work in a G19 if the G19 RSA is used. But like I said, I have not done this and cannot verify that it would work.
    I appreciate your input. I just got back from the LGS and now I own a new Gen 5 G19. I'm hoping to be able to shoot it next week and then I'll send it off to have the slide milled for an RMR. Looking forward to trying out the new gun and now I just need to find a factory threaded barrel for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12