Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Gun Stuff You Changed Your Mind About

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No fan of the .40 but I have at least one (my only one) because I remember when 9mm was unobtainium for a while there. And .40 was everywhere (although it is too snappy)

I have a soft spot for .308. My SR25 is pure love.

Also I took my .380 Walther out and .380 is pretty soft. I have a hard time with big bore now which is sad as I genuinely enjoy .44 and .45 (but only in very small doses now) due to a wrist issue.

Say what you will about PPKs but they arent that bad (mine isnt). But I'd sooner have a Beretta though.

Wouldnt use it for anything but paper punching though, had I a choice.

As I get older and more fragile, I appreciate lighter ammo now.

I'd almost get a Makarov but....meh for now.

The more I go along the more I like my .38s and .22s.

I have a way different outlook than I did even 5 years ago.

Feedback Score
    I used to love AK's. Did a lot of shooting, a little competition and training with them.

But I've learned they are best employed as a submachine gun with extra range capability. Exactly as they were intended by their creator. They are very reliable when properly built. We have many in this country that were not, however.

I used to think Glocks were it among pistols. And perhaps for a time they were. But over the years other polymer pistols have been developed with high reliability but include good triggers and grips.

Pistol calibers and stopping power. Caring less than ever. I only have one 9mm I shoot much anymore. 9mm is good for a police/military weapon. But for the regular Joe a medium-sized pistol chambered in .32, .380, 9mm mak, or .32 mag up small revolver is fine as well.
    Last edited by Ron3; 01-20-18 at 08:58.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678