Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: An adventure into reducing muzzle climb and felt recoil

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I took a similar path with my go-to gun. Noveske 14.5 middy barrel, DD RIS II. Cheap flash hider. Fast and smooth with a H3 buffer, regular Colt spring.
    That gas port must be huge if you're running a H3. A 14.5 middy shouldnt need more than a H or H2 with hot ammo. This is why I dont recommend Noveske anymore.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 01-19-18 at 19:50.

Feedback Score
    I’ve got a few different 14.5” guns and H2s are too much buffer with lower-powered ammunition. That barrel must be severely eroded or finished with a huge port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    That gas port must be huge if you're running a H3. A 14.5 middy shouldnt need more than a H or H2 with hot ammo. This is why I dont recommend Noveske anymore.
    Have you tested an AR gassed to run an H or H2 with an H3 buffer?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Have you tested an AR gassed to run an H or H2 with an H3 buffer?
    0.076 mid gas port with an H
    0.080 mid gas port with an H2
    anything over 0.080 mid gas needs to be thrown in the trash.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shiv View Post
    I’ve got a few different 14.5” guns and H2s are too much buffer with lower-powered ammunition. That barrel must be severely eroded or finished with a huge port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not used with lower-powered ammo. I feed it almost exclusively M855, with some XM193 used occasionally. It has many thousands of rounds through it, so perhaps the port is eroded at this point. It is still reliable, accurate, and soft shooting. Much of my experience has been with the M4A1, so this gun felt spectacular when I got it. I’m willing to admit that there are better options since 2009. Perhaps I need to try out a BCM middy and compare splits.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    0.076 mid gas port with an H
    0.080 mid gas port with an H2
    anything over 0.080 mid gas needs to be thrown in the trash.
    This is pretty much what I've found too. If I were fighting in harsh environments, I might opt for the .080" for that additional umph. But the .076" BCM is the smoothest.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    This is pretty much what I've found too. If I were fighting in harsh environments, I might opt for the .080" for that additional umph. But the .076" BCM is the smoothest.
    Which BCM barrel did you measure that on? I’ve been eyeballing an “enhanced medium weight midlength” in 14.5”.

Feedback Score
    I really dislike recoil also. I haven't had a chance to shoot my rifle yet but I'm sure when I do I'll want less recoil than whatever amount it produces. It seems like a lot of the above is geared toward a SBR. Does anyone have suggestions specifically for a 16" mid-length gas rifle?
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Which BCM barrel did you measure that on? I’ve been eyeballing an “enhanced medium weight midlength” in 14.5”.
    Check out the Ballistic Advantage CHF Hanson profile 14.5. Yes, BA CHF. They are DD blanks which BA turns to their excellent (I think) Hanson profile.
    You get DD CHF quality, a great profile, plus a pinned GB.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDB View Post
    I really dislike recoil also. I haven't had a chance to shoot my rifle yet but I'm sure when I do I'll want less recoil than whatever amount it produces. It seems like a lot of the above is geared toward a SBR. Does anyone have suggestions specifically for a 16" mid-length gas rifle?
    I have a BCM 16” midlength and use a Geissele setup with the extra weight to make it an H2.

Very smooth.

Than again when people say recoil and 223/556, I laugh.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast