Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Precision Rifle Trigger Options

Feedback Score

Precision Rifle Trigger Options

Right now, my precision rifle has a Geissele Hi Speed set to it's lowest match setting....the pull is long and has an ok reset. Weight is kind of high, but pretty good. Understand, this is a GREAT trigger and I'm really nit picking here.

So, then I see the triggertech flat face single stage which seems like it has icicle break and short reset at 2-3 lbs with just a bit of takeup. hmmm? Could this be a better choice for a precision AR? Who has run both?

Feedback Score
    I am running a ssa-e which I really like. Short take up and a clean break. Not sure how different it is from your match trigger. But something you might want to try.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I almost bought that one. Is the ssa-e shorter in stage 1? I can imagine it could be, but I doubt it, as stage 1 length determines your level of safety in a 2 stage....

Feedback Score
    It's got a very light first stage. Then a nice break. I like the first stage it works really well prepping the trigger. Then the break is 2.5 pounds or so.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I run the SSA, SSA-E and the LaRue MBT. All three are great choices.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have the Geiselle SSA-E or the SD-E in all of my AR rifles. From my GAP-10 6.5CM to my DD5V1 7.62, to my small frames. I personally find that they are fantastic AR triggers. I really like the 2 stage trigger on a precision rifle, and the Geiselle triggers have a very similar feel to my 2 stage trigger in my bolt gun (an A.I.).

The high speed national match trigger was an option when I bought my GAP-10. I chose to stay with the SSA-E since I knew it so well.

Anyway, my point is this: I tend to dislike light single stage triggers in gas guns due to the ability for them to double, or bump fire. When I’m shooting for precision, I tend to not gorilla grip the gun much. I hold it pretty loose so as to not muscle it. I try to find my natural point of sim, and let my bi-pod and back squeeze bag do their job. With a 2# single stage, I have had AR’s double on me. They have more going on during their recoil cycle, and a light trigger combined with a very light hold can contribute to doubling.

Your style may be far different from mine, and this may never manifest itself in the way you shoot. Just had it happen to me, and so I throw it out there.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I run basic SSA on every but one gun that has the E feature. It is noticeable and a great trigger. Both are fantastic.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Ssa-e and mbt are both great.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    SSA is a combat trigger that is precision-capable. SSA-E is a precision trigger that is combat-capable. LaRue MBT falls in between, but closer to an SSA in feel and use.

SD3G is nice, but occasionally bumps when on the bench or prone if you aren't muscling it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have 2 National Match triggers. A service rifle and a DMR. I also have SSA-E, SDC, SSA and G2S triggers. I think the national match triggers are incredible. If they don't float your boat I don't think the other G triggers will either. You might need to do some research and try something totally different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast