Thread: Ruger Precision Rimfire

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Ruger Precision Rimfire

Does anyone have any quality time on one yet? I’m giving it a hard look but would like to get more information about accuracy first.
    Good equipment is no substitute for good training.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Had one for a bit. For my money the ruger american is as good an option, of just sink some money into a decked out 10/22. The stock setup is nice on the Precision though IMHO.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I found one at a gun show a few weeks ago and went ahead and picked it up. So far, no complaints. It’ll outshoot me and will be a good trainer. The stock is great, extremely adjustable and easy to manipulate to get it just right. So far, I’ve only taken it out to 50 yards. I’ve gotten about 1/2 inch groups at that distance but I’m sure a better shooter could get better results. I’m also still running different loads through it. So far, it seems to like CCI Mini Mags but I can get decent groups with Stingers as well. I have some Federal and Browning loads to try still. I have a Vortex Crossfire 3-9 that does the job but I think maybe some glass with parallax adjustment could help me out a bit more.

Feedback Score
    What do you think about it as a youth rifle? My 10 year old son is looking to upgrade from his Henry mini-bolt. Do you think this would be a good choice? Looks great on paper, but I haven't seen one yet in real life. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tower59 View Post
    What do you think about it as a youth rifle? My 10 year old son is looking to upgrade from his Henry mini-bolt. Do you think this would be a good choice? Looks great on paper, but I haven't seen one yet in real life. Thanks!
    I think it would make a good youth rifle. Maybe see how it fits with your son before buying though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tower59 View Post
    I think it would be fine. The one I had my 9 year old really liked to shoot.