Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free-Float Rails/tubes that use the USGI barrel nut?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Free-Float Rails/tubes that use the USGI barrel nut?

I'm looking for a good quality FF rail (Picatinny or MLok) that use the USGI barrel nut for use on a Colt OEM2. I know of these, but I'm not sure what else is out there:

MI Gen2 Two Piece FF
    Centurion Arms C4
    Troy MRF
    Troy Revolution Carbon Fiber
    Troy SOCC
    Troy Alpha
    Troy Bravo
    Troy Charlie
    Troy Delta

Any recommendations among this list? I guess the Troy SOCC is the newest.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I like Centurion a lot. I'd LOVE them if the bottom pic rail wasn't so tall. If they made those with the RIS II profile, I'd put them on all my guns.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I like Centurion a lot. I'd LOVE them if the bottom pic rail wasn't so tall. If they made those with the RIS II profile, I'd put them on all my guns.
    Yes, I think the tall bottom rail is the only complaint I've seen about the C4. I'm not sure if they did that to accommodate a bayonet lug or if they just did it for production purposes (mirror top rail for ease of manufacturing).

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    completely agree, Markm. I don't understand why these companies insist on producing tall ass rails?
    If Stickman's measurements are correct, the new BCM quad is going to be a bit on the tall side, as well (2.375...according to stickman). Damn. I love the profile of the RIS II and, as a close second, the DDM4 rail. That said, of the available rails that are capable of attaching to the USGI barrel nut, id still choose the C4. I wouldn't fiddle with any Troy kit, but that's just me.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    The C4 is where it is at as far as utilizing the standard barrel but. Looks great too.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Samson also makes rails using the standard barrel nut.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Nothing to add but disdain for the proprietary barrel nut system! I've got an KAC quad rail that I could never swap because of their proprietary nut and wrench. Actually quite glad now because I love that thing! Bye bye slick, slim tubes.
    Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, address, Columbia University, 31 May 1954

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    A DD Omega rail will work also. I personally like the Centurion C4.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    A DD Omega rail will work also. I personally like the Centurion C4.
    Another great option ruined by the tall bottom pic rail. DD's I beam extrusions being the worst of all of them. (no the RIS, but the old DD lite, omega, etc.)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoe View Post
    completely agree, Markm. I don't understand why these companies insist on producing tall ass rails?
    If Stickman's measurements are correct, the new BCM quad is going to be a bit on the tall side, as well (2.375...according to stickman). Damn. I love the profile of the RIS II and, as a close second, the DDM4 rail.
    Larue and the original KAC RAS have really good cross-sections as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast