Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18" SPR barrel recommendations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

18" SPR barrel recommendations

I have a noveske gen 3 upper/ lower with A5 buffer system and STR stock. I'm looking for suggestions for 18" SS barrels. I wanted to find what the latest greatest is out there. I hear the noveske 18" spr match barrel is hit or miss. Looking for sub MOA with hand loads.

White oak?
    Rainier?

Btw it's been years since I've been here and forgot my username / password, thus the new account.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Those are both really good barrel manufacturers. My SS BA 18” barrels are subMOA with factory SMK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My 20" WOA SDM has been great. With my handloads at 100 yards it will shoot from my best of ~.5 to just over moa at my worst. I'm no marksman. 10" steel at 550 yards is boring. I haven't actually shot it for groups yet at longer ranges. It's on my to do list.

Feedback Score
    WOA 20" SAM-R barrel will do 1/2 with factory ammo (Hornady) at 100. It will also get me to 1000, but not 1 MOA, I'm sure that's shooter plus wind plus 5.56. I like to tell myself it's mostly wind and caliber and I'm good with that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DGB View Post
    WOA 20" SAM-R barrel will do 1/2 with factory ammo (Hornady) at 100. It will also get me to 1000, but not 1 MOA, I'm sure that's shooter plus wind plus 5.56. I like to tell myself it's mostly wind and caliber and I'm good with that.
    Yeah I have no intention of trying to push the .223 to 1000. I already have a .308/6.5CM/338LM for those distances and beyond.

Feedback Score
    WOA or Compass lake engineering are worth checking out. Depending on budget Compass lake has criterion, Douglass, Krieger, and Bartlein blanks to choose from. Lots of good feedback

Feedback Score
    Thanks. As far as price it doesn't really matter. I was going to pick up a noveske barrel so I was going to spend around $450. I'm just thinking I probably have a lot of options under that.

wgat are your Gus thoughts on barrels with headspaced bolts? Worth it or no?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrofish View Post
    Thanks. As far as price it doesn't really matter. I was going to pick up a noveske barrel so I was going to spend around $450. I'm just thinking I probably have a lot of options under that.

wgat are your Gus thoughts on barrels with headspaced bolts? Worth it or no?
    I cannot recommend current Noveske uppers or barrels. When John was alive, absolutely but their QA/QC is not the same as it was and they are still charging the same prices. For those prices you can easily get a Kreiger custom turned for you or for ~$250 you can get a Lothar Walther barrel.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 01-13-18 at 12:58.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Look up Eurodriver's thread on his build using a Kreiger barrel. It's pretty amazing

Feedback Score
    As far as price it doesn't really matter.
    Proof Research is an option.
    I am just a regular guy, trying not to screw things up too much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast