Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another bro gone before his day

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Another bro gone before his day

At the museum, a fine gent by the name of Bill was the go to go guy for various projects, build it, fix it , what ever, he did it. Handy man was Bill. We'd shoot the shit for a while talking life, and stuff. I was not his close bud, but we always had some good talks. I don't know if he was a vet or not as we never discussed it. The tactical beard, tats, etc suggested he was a vet of some type, but I could be wrong. On another job he'd gotten injured, broke stuff and could not work for some months. Wife decides that the time to take his kid and sue for full custody and so forth.

He was known to like his drink.

At the annual muster I saw in him in his wheel chair sitting on his own, so I stopped by and had a long chat. I could see things were not right, and I did my best to reach out to him. Gave him my card, told him anytime wanted to meet up, talk about chit, etc, drop me a line and I meant it.

A few days before X mass, put a gun in his mouth, and gone. Had a lot of people die on me, and that's no BS. Not taking this one any better or worse than the others, but dude had plenty ahead of him, yet obviously could not see it. ****.

Just venting all, but I wish he'd called me. I'd have smacked him about the head with a no bullshitter as i had some yeas on him that things, no matter how dark they look now, can and do improve and if you check out like that your pain may end, but those you cared about, it just begins....Would not be the first, and I hope will not be the last dude I reach out to to help them get through another day. NO BS, any of you idiots ever have such thoughts, you PM me, and I'll be there. Been through a some stuff myself, so aint one mother f-ing thing you could say that would surprise me.

In memoriam, gonna drink something strong, play some tunes, and hope he has wind behind his sails on his journey to Valhalla.

RIP Bill.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-08-18 at 21:11.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Will: Sorry for you having to go through this. Death, unfortunately, for the past 1.5 years has been part of our families lives. Doesn’t get any easier.

Had to inform my wife her father had passed away completely unexpectedly very recently. Just two days after a check-up. One of the hardest things I’ve had to do. He was genuinely a great person. Army Captain in VN, way up in Suntrust, and beloved by anyone that knew him. People were vying to speak at his service and many stout men broke down and cried while speaking. Heartbreaking.
    Devestating to my wife and it will be a long road to healing. Considered my father-in-law a true friend, mentor, and someone to aspire to emulate. Many tears in the house recently.

Truly hope you find peace.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Will: Sorry for you having to go through this. Death, unfortunately, for the past 1.5 years has been part of our families lives. Doesn’t get any easier.

Had to inform my wife her father had passed away completely unexpectedly very recently. Just two days after a check-up. One of the hardest things I’ve had to do. He was genuinely a great person. Army Captain in VN, way up in Suntrust, and beloved by anyone that knew him. People were vying to speak at his service and many stout men broke down and cried while speaking. Heartbreaking.
    Devestating to my wife and it will be a long road to healing. Considered my father-in-law a true friend, mentor, and someone to aspire to emulate. Many tears in the house recently.

Truly hope you find peace.
    No sir, I hope you find peace. I hope Bill finds peace. When/if people go out doing what the loved to and or, lived a full life, I morn and celebrate their passing, cry, and try to move on. Sounds like your father in law was such a man and worthy celebration of a life fully lived.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-08-18 at 21:25.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear of your loss Will. It was good of you to try and reach-out to Bill.

I lost a good friend a few years ago. Last time that I saw him he was fine, then he woke up one day and decided to take his life. No one saw it coming.

It's just a reminder to appreciate your family and friends. And to make time when others we care about need help.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Condolences. This is a tricky, tricky subject with no definitive "right" answers.

I lost a few because they just seen enough and wanted the movie to stop and didnt want to be a Zoloft Zombie.

One guy knew his days were numbered and gave away all his stuff, put a trashbag over his head and a helmet, wrote "Sorry, EMS" on a piece of paper and taped it to his pajamas and at his favorite gun.

But I also know people with a lot of odds against them healthwise who keep going on sheer will. Like they should be dead, but refuse to accept it.

I was clued in on a film by a sky pilot I trust to seek out a Kurosawa film called "Madadayo". Roughly translated it means "Not Yet". An old salaryman is "supposed" to die and move aside but...."not yet". It helped me.

Whatever a person chooses, we cant force our morality on them. All we can do is extend our arms.

No matter who we think we are, ultimately, we are just a tiny piece in someone else's puzzle.

So....listen, be an ear, a shoulder, or a friend; even if for a while.

I talked a few people down in my time, and I would say "Please, just give it one more day. A lot can happen. One more day."

Those people dont want to die, they just want their life to end. They want a new life.

But some people, some people may well have their reasons that time cannot rightly cure.

So, all we can do is our best. Amd sometimes, it simply isnt enough. It will hurt, and it will be sad. But it wasn't our choice. It was theirs.

And that's all I've got to say on the topic.

But if anyone ever feels trapped or alone....

Just give it one more day. All I ask

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Sorry to hear that, Will. That sucks. The last two years have been a killer (literally). 9 people I knew or worked with died (including my dad).
    It just makes me appreciate waking up every morning all the more.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee." John Donne
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    Life isn't easy, it serves less of a purpose once a woman leaves.

7n6
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 01-09-18 at 02:16.

Feedback Score
    Christmas seems to be a time many commit suicide.
    It sucks, and its hard tk tell how far down the pit some people are until its too late.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Condolences to you, Will.

The goosebumps were prominent reading through most of these posts.

As someone who had the "invincibility" fade the last few years, it's a concept I am only but learning.

I've always promised myself to get help before it's too late. To never be afraid of getting help, before it gets too late.

Thankfully anytime there had been issues or hardships, a quick chat with a counselor has helped wonderfully; most importantly just having someone there to litmus your feelings and emotions.

Thankfully, it's been limited to only a handful of events after some pretty traumatic shite.

Now I am on a Cash loop, thanks 7n6.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast