Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spread the word: #boycottAmazon

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    As someone who's had "Prime" for years and buys too much stuff there, not only do I agree with the sentiment, but there's some big non-political reasons to buy elsewhere:
    1) "Prime" shipping is no longer 2 days in most cases, it's 3 or 4 without much explanation, and even that low standard isn't always met.
    2) Amazon prices on a lot of things are no longer that competitive.
    3) Most importantly, there is a lower selection of real name-brand products, and TONS more off-brand, no-name and fake/knockoff products (mostly from China), most of them with fake positive reviews and all crowding out the real name-brand stuff I actually want to buy.

If you aren't already using http://fakespot.com/ you need to be.

Regardless of politics I'm moving a lot of my shopping elsewhere, purely for selection, price and quality.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    IBTL.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    ... No.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dist. Expert 26 View Post
    Good luck with that dude. I think a boycott water campaign would probably get more of a following.
    This 100%. Even with prices at parity of buying at a big box store, saving an hour of my life once a week vs going to the shop and standing in line gives me back two days a year to do the things I want to do. Some scholarships for illegal aliens is nothing next to what the man can do with the Washington Post and I see little complaining about that.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I gotta be the only guy who hates shopping online for most things

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I've never found anything on Amazon that I couldn't find some place else for a similar price. To each their own, I guess.. Personally, I go out of my way to not purchase from them.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    As someone who's had "Prime" for years and buys too much stuff there, not only do I agree with the sentiment, but there's some big non-political reasons to buy elsewhere:
    1) "Prime" shipping is no longer 2 days in most cases, it's 3 or 4 without much explanation, and even that low standard isn't always met.
    2) Amazon prices on a lot of things are no longer that competitive.
    3) Most importantly, there is a lower selection of real name-brand products, and TONS more off-brand, no-name and fake/knockoff products (mostly from China), most of them with fake positive reviews and all crowding out the real name-brand stuff I actually want to buy.

If you aren't already using http://fakespot.com/ you need to be.

Regardless of politics I'm moving a lot of my shopping elsewhere, purely for selection, price and quality.
    Never had any of these problems with Amazon and I've been using Prime pretty much since it came into existence.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Might as well boycott Microsoft, Intel, Cisco, GE, and practically every other high tech multinational. If you knew all that each has done to support liberal causes, support illegal immigration, and State control of the masses you would puke and riot. But life goes on.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Never had any of these problems with Amazon and I've been using Prime pretty much since it came into existence.
    This change in shipping for some stuff under Prime has been pretty recent. And es right, there is an absurd amount of fake stuff now. There are a half dozen fake versions of Oakley M Frames for instance.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    IDk, I've got some shoes for my son coming and a sweet collection of Trump t-shirts.

None of these things could be sourced locally.

I also buy tons of books and and foreign goods, like candy and toys. Again can't get them locally.

I can also think of much much worse things than paying for some kids to goto school.

You can add me to the dgaf crowd.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast