Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spread the word: #boycottAmazon

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I gotta be the only guy who hates shopping online for most things

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    I am the same way. However there are jsut some things I cannot get here at all (Glock recoil springs) and other things that local shops gouge on. I am a fan of Amazon prime as well as their streaming services.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I am the same way. However there are jsut some things I cannot get here at all (Glock recoil springs) and other things that local shops gouge on. I am a fan of Amazon prime as well as their streaming services.
    I do the same. Holsters and what not I buy online, parts and ammo too. Maybe some other stuff here and there but generally I can't buy something if I can't hold it, see it personally or try it on unless im buying the exact same thing I already have.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have been 'forced' to use Amazon for more things than I like to.

Walmart and Amazon, in particular, have not been kind to retail America.

I read, a lot, I like to handle the book so I don't read on a tablet. I use the library, but probably end up buying at least a book a month. Since amazon was essentially the killer of local bookstores I have a feeling of self-loathing every time I order a book through them, but it is what it is.

I think rather than applaud the fact that Amazon allows you to refrain from social intercourse in the marketplace, it might be in our best interest to support those local businesses so when we need them they are there. This is especially true if you aren't living in an urban area.

I have an older Mustang that I store. I start it every two weeks and drive it once a month. Lately instead of cruising town, we've started venturing out and buying our meat for the month from a couple of small town grocery stores that actually have close to what used to be called a meat market. Prices are competitive enough that we aren't losing money doing this, and hopefully we are helping keep these small merchants in business.

I'm not going to boycott Amazon, but as long as I'm not cutting off my nose to spite my face, and can get the quality I want, I'll try to shop locally.

Feedback Score
    Subscribe and save can be real nice if you set it up right. I never have to remember to buy protein powder and a number of other things because they are scheduled. Plus, if you put enough stuff on there you get 15% off. I buy pricey protein powder because the cheap stuff tears up my stomach and with subscribe and save I can get it cheaper than when other places have it on sale. That said, some things are definitely not a deal on there but being able to price compare while shopping at brick and mortar is real nice too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    Subscribe and save can be real nice if you set it up right. I never have to remember to buy protein powder and a number of other things because they are scheduled. Plus, if you put enough stuff on there you get 15% off.
    This... I have a few regular household items on the same subscription service (oddly, protein powder is one of them) and it's a savings of about 10% vs going a the various stores, or even to Costco, for the items.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I gotta be the only guy who hates shopping online for most things

I prefer brick and mortar stores personally as well. I like to see what I'm buying if at all possible. Plus, it gets me out of the house and gives me something to do. Probably about 90% of my purchases are made at the store as opposed to online.

That said, the majority of gun parts I get from Amazon, Brownells, or Primary Arms. You can't good quality parts at most stores.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    I don't support my tax dollars being used for this purpose, but its his money. In general more education is better for people who are here (whether they should be here or not is a different issue to me). You could argue he is doing the taxpayer a service by footing the bill to educate them so we dont have to.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepatriot2705 View Post
    Jeff Bezos is guilty of treason and is actively subverting the well being of the country. By giving $33 million in scholarships to illegals, he is openly encouraging people to break the law and giving a big FU to this country.
    I was disappointed to see that. To be not eligible to receive because you are legally here is outrageous.

Not gonna boycott Amazon, but when I make hiring decisions, some folks need not apply.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepatriot2705 View Post
    Jeff Bezos is guilty of treason and is actively subverting the well being of the country. By giving $33 million in scholarships to illegals,
    Sources?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Sources?

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...112-story.html
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast