Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raven Phantom Pancake Wing Attachments

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Raven Phantom Pancake Wing Attachments

I currently use the standard belt loop attachments, 1.75".

Are the wings better in regards to stability and bringing the gun in tighter to the body?

I'm thinking about changing out the loops to the wings for all of my holsters but wanted some opinions before I did.

Feedback Score
    I currently have 6 Phantoms for full size semi-autos, & have a 29 in waist..the pancake wings definitely work better for me personally..eta..used in conjunction with an Ares gear belt.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I think the wings pull the holster (or mag carrier) in slightly closer to the body. For me though I notice they also slide back and forth on the belt much easier than the standard loops. It is not an overwhelming problem, and occurs more with the mag carriers, but I have noticed this with virtually every belt I have tried, including Ares.

What I usually do for holsters is a standard loop in front and a wing in back to pull the butt of the pistol in a little closer. This does not seem as likely to move either.

The attachment method that moves the least for me are the QMS straps.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    I think the wings pull the holster (or mag carrier) in slightly closer to the body. For me though I notice they also slide back and forth on the belt much easier than the standard loops. It is not an overwhelming problem, and occurs more with the mag carriers, but I have noticed this with virtually every belt I have tried, including Ares.

What I usually do for holsters is a standard loop in front and a wing in back to pull the butt of the pistol in a little closer.
    This does not seem as likely to move either.

This is how I make use of the wing loops as well.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    That's how the Milt Sparks 55BN holster is setup. I may look into setting one up like that.

Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post

What I usually do for holsters is a standard loop in front and a wing in back to pull the butt of the pistol in a little closer. This does not seem as likely to move either.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I currently use the standard belt loop attachments, 1.75".

Are the wings better in regards to stability and bringing the gun in tighter to the body?

I'm thinking about changing out the loops to the wings for all of my holsters but wanted some opinions before I did.
    For me, I tried it and it didn't offer a huge improvement in bringing the holster closer to the body. I ended up putting the regular belt attachment back on the holster and sold the pancake wings.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Sam,

Did the wings add any more stability to the holster?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    For me, I tried it and it didn't offer a huge improvement in bringing the holster closer to the body. I ended up putting the regular belt attachment back on the holster and sold the pancake wings.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    To me, I didn't see much difference with the wings.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Same here, I was underwhelmed by the wings and think the standard loops do a great job. My Phantom pulls a Glock 22 with a TLR-1 in really close and makes it concealable under a button down shirt (as long as I don't bend over, but I don't think there's a solution to that). I actually thought that the standard loops might have done a better job because there's no flex to them at all, but I can't say I ever objectively measured a difference. One thing the wings have going for them is ease of threading a belt through, especially an Ares ranger belt with it's two pieces.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Thank you everyone for your responses. I guess I’ll save the money on the wings and forego them.

Another question for you RCS guys...

Are there specific loops for the light bearing holsters vs. the standard Phantoms? I could’ve sworn I saw on their website they have loops for the light bearing holster but I cannot find where I read that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast