Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Reliable .308 semi auto best bang for the Buck??

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    AR10s have always had more reliability issues than AR15s. It hasn't been until relatively recently that some of the big players have gotten the bugs worked out.

The question becomes, how reliable? If you want the most reliable then you've got to pay for it. Manufactures with large US and foreign contracts are a good place to start and a relatively short list (read LMT, KAC and HK.)

If reliable enough is what you're looking for, then the market opens up a lot. Building 308 ARs is more of a gamble than buying a quality one as you can't control all of the critical specs. For general plinking and hunting the market is wide open.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt in TN View Post
    My Armalite has been extremely reliable. But putting .308 and "defensive" in the same sentence doesn't really make sense. I kinda enjoy being offensive sometimes. ;-)
    Well I lost my 90lb defensive German Shepard early this morning. He was almost 10. A great defender! I agree that offensive is enjoyable and doesn't necessarily mean your going on the offensive. .308 puts bad guys down for sure and its a not playing around type caliber. Life Sucks!!! NO, Aging Sucks!!!
    Last edited by Wolf.545 x .39; 01-14-18 at 17:47.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf.545 x .39 View Post
    Well I lost my 90lb defensive German Shepard early this morning. He was almost 10. A great defender! I agree that offensive is enjoyable and doesn't necessarily mean your going on the offensive. .308 puts bad guys down for sure and its a not playing around type caliber. Life Sucks!!! NO, Aging Sucks!!!
    sorry to hear that, my condolences
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm so sorry, sir -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LockenLoad View Post
    sorry to hear that, my condolences
    Thanks guys because for the first time in 44 years (48 now) I'm finally all by myself. It proves that life is not to be wasted and now I'm gonna have to find a perfect woman. That is an impossible task.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys because for the first time in 44 years (48 now) I'm finally all by myself. It proves that life is not to be wasted and now I'm gonna have to find a perfect woman. That is an impossible task.
    Finding the perfect woman is actually an easy task. Finding one who is perfect AND available AND wants you is what's so hard.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    I've had great success with my S&W M&P10, it really is an excellent rifle. My favorite in the AR10 series.

Feedback Score
    FWIW Ive had a cheap bushmaster AR10, repr, and now a scar 17. They all worked perfectly and ate any crap I fed them... thats an $800 rifle all the way to a $3500+ rifle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    I've had great success with my S&W M&P10, it really is an excellent rifle. My favorite in the AR10 series.
    I actually think the M&P 10 is probably one of the best bang for the buck firearms on the market period !
    Outstanding rifle at a reasonable price.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

Works for me.

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast