Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Reliable .308 semi auto best bang for the Buck??

Feedback Score

Best Reliable .308 semi auto best bang for the Buck??

I like the AR platform but the AR10 doesn't have that many reliable rifle's. Other than the LMT MWS and a few others. The FN SCAR 17 is nice but too expensive. I have thought about a Springfield Scout Squad as for $1,500 one can be acquired. My guns are all defensive guns and I don't hunt. I have a bolt action .308 but don't really use it. I see that a lot of guys like the light Smith & Wesson M&P10. I want another caliber semi auto rifle not in 5.56 or 5.45 nor 7.62x.39

Feedback Score
    Stag arms is one that comes to mind that is budget friendly
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf.545 x .39 View Post
    .....the AR10 doesn't have that many reliable rifle's.
    What's your source for this statement?

If someone buys a KAC, LMT, or DD 308, it's highly likely their decision was because Aero, Mega, Armalite, Smith & Wesson, Stag, Rock River Arms,and Colt options aren't reliable.
    Last edited by grizzman; 01-13-18 at 14:01.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    For value to quality, Mega is probably one of the best options. We offer great discounts on their stuff as well (use coupon code MEGA18) http://www.gandrtactical.com/Mega-Ar...fg_26-4-1.html

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    What's your source for this statement?

If someone buys a KAC, LMT, or DD 308, it's highly likely their decision was because Aero, Mega, Armalite, Smith & Wesson, Stag, Rock River Arms,and Colt options aren't reliable.
    Just alot research and alot of article's. From reading up about AR10's reliability issue's just come up more. Not from the upper tier one's that you mention.
    Last edited by Wolf.545 x .39; 01-13-18 at 14:26.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like the AR platform but the AR10 doesn't have that many reliable rifle's. Other than the LMT MWS and a few others. The FN SCAR 17 is nice but too expensive. I have thought about a Springfield Scout Squad as for $1,500 one can be acquired. My guns are all defensive guns and I don't hunt. I have a bolt action .308 but don't really use it. I see that a lot of guys like the light Smith & Wesson M&P10. I want another caliber semi auto rifle not in 5.56 or 5.45 nor 7.62x.39
    You may want to take a look at the PWS Mk2 308. It uses a long stroke piston design, is relatively inexpensive, and seems to be absolutely reliable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    You may want to take a look at the PWS Mk2 308. It uses a long stroke piston design, is relatively inexpensive, and seems to be absolutely reliable.
    I hear great things from PWS rifle's and then don't hear much about the company. I definitely will check it out though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I hear great things from PWS rifle's and then don't hear much about the company. I definitely will check it out though.
    Best kept secret in the firearms industry. Absolutely love mine. My favorite AR.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    My FN SCAR 17 has been "bet your life on it" reliable. It's on the expensive side of the discussion. Depends what you value most I guess.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My Armalite has been extremely reliable. But putting .308 and "defensive" in the same sentence doesn't really make sense. I kinda enjoy being offensive sometimes. ;-)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast