Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KAC SR-15 Mod 2 w/ VLTOR A5 Buffer

Feedback Score

KAC SR-15 Mod 2 w/ VLTOR A5 Buffer

So I have two uppers that I'm planning to have share a single lower. They are both KAC SR-15 Mod 2's, one being the 14.5" with a MAMS and the other being the 16" with the standard KAC 3 prong. I am a little torn between putting a standard RE with the buffer that the 14.5" came with and using a VLTOR A5. I did some searching but found very little discussion about the 16" in particular. For what it's worth I have the A5H1 buffer on hand.

The amm I'm concerned about is Wolf Gold, PMC Bronze, along with a little Tula. The rest of the ammo I have is 5.56 (IMI, MEN, various Green Tip) so I'm not too concerned about it being underpowered for the A5.

Does anyone have experience with these setups? I would take them out and try it, but I want to stake the castle nut so eventually I'll be locked into one configuration.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyyke View Post
    So I have two uppers that I'm planning to have share a single lower. They are both KAC SR-15 Mod 2's, one being the 14.5" with a MAMS and the other being the 16" with the standard KAC 3 prong. I am a little torn between putting a standard RE with the buffer that the 14.5" came with and using a VLTOR A5. I did some searching but found very little discussion about the 16" in particular. For what it's worth I have the A5H1 buffer on hand.

The amm I'm concerned about is Wolf Gold, PMC Bronze, along with a little Tula. The rest of the ammo I have is 5.56 (IMI, MEN, various Green Tip) so I'm not too concerned about it being underpowered for the A5.

Does anyone have experience with these setups? I would take them out and try it, but I want to stake the castle nut so eventually I'll be locked into one configuration.
    I have the 11.5 kac cqb running a sprinco green + a5H2 vltor system, and it's running perfectly fine, not dents on brass casing, normal ejection distance.. etc. I've read some reports that the 16" and longer sr15 guns might have issues with the vltor system though, but i think 11.5 and 14.5 are fine.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    I’ve got thousands of rounds through my 16” KAC SR 15 Mod 2 uppers with MAMS devices on lowers with the A5H2 buffer with Colt rifle length springs.

They have been dead nuts reliable with wolf gold and a variety of xm193 ammo across all the temps we see in Virginia/West Va.
    Last edited by og556; 01-14-18 at 09:55.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by heavygunner8 View Post
    I have the 11.5 kac cqb running a sprinco green + a5H2 vltor system, and it's running perfectly fine, not dents on brass casing, normal ejection distance.. etc. I've read some reports that the 16" and longer sr15 guns might have issues with the vltor system though, but i think 11.5 and 14.5 are fine.
    Thanks for the advice. This might sound stupid but... where do I find a Springco green spring? For some reason google is failing me.

@ og556, is yours a 16 or 14.5?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I used run 16" Mod 1s with an A5 and they'd push any buffer you put behind 'em. KAC guns are gassed on the generous side IME.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Thanks for the advice. This might sound stupid but... where do I find a Springco green spring? For some reason google is failing me.

http://www.sprinco.com/tactical.html

Feedback Score

https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/spr...er-spring.html

These guys ship out fast, great customer service. I bought 4 of sprinco green springs from them so far with no issues.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the links guys. Has anyone run a 16" mod 2 with an A5?

Feedback Score
    This is a dumb question. Sorry, not sorry. It's the truth.

The answer is simple: KAC SR-15s will cycle any of the ammo listed, regardless of the buffer.

If you want to split hairs with the AR-15 platform, and are building from the ground up, the A5 buffer system is the best-case engineering answer. If you're buying complete rifles (at KAC prices, no less), just run what works; which is to say, stfu and shoot your rifle.

Feedback Score

Also Sons of Liberty Gun Works carries the Sprinco Springs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast