Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3x Fixed optic users

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    You are not wrong, however, while valid, that is still only one piece to the optic puzzle and not the entire answer.

If you are only shooting under 50yards and only use it for range work, go with whatever you enjoy. Paper won’t ever try to hunt you down, so you have a world filled with options to play around with.

ETA- I have an industry friend who can pick from any optic they want, including items we will never see in public, and this individual feels without question that a 3x is the perfect optic for their wants and needs.
    Which optic is their choice?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Read the " Irons and Optics " article written by Paul Howe. I respect his opinion. I was a bit surprised to read that he is a fan of the Burris 3x.

http://www.combatshootingandtactics.com/published.htm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    You are not wrong, however, while valid, that is still only one piece to the optic puzzle and not the entire answer.

If you are only shooting under 50yards and only use it for range work, go with whatever you enjoy. Paper won’t ever try to hunt you down, so you have a world filled with options to play around with.

ETA- I have an industry friend who can pick from any optic they want, including items we will never see in public, and this individual feels without question that a 3x is the perfect optic for their wants and needs.
    The Americans issue the ACOG (and Aimpoint), the Russians issue a 2.8x, tritium prism optic, the Chinese issue a prism optic. Even for serving soldiers these countries feel the prism with its simplicity is the way to go. If prism optics were free, everyone would have an ACOG. Assuming price constraints, we are down to Burris and Primary Arms. The PA 2.5X is zeroed at 50 yards and it is said they are good to 250 yards. The reticle on the 2.5X PA looks very good to me, in fact there is talk of an ACOG with this reticle. So what is wrong with the 2.5x PA? I am not saying there is anything wrong with the 3X, either PA or Burris. But in my forested world, I'm just not going out to 300 yards because of visibility problems and the 2.5x reticle looks much quicker at short distances. Look guys, I'm a relative novice here, so please tell me where I am going wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12