Thread: Buffer change running suppressed

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Buffer change running suppressed

I put together a Noveske 10.5" .223/5.56 SBR and been running it unsuppressed with an H2 buffer and flatware spring (tubb precision I think). Ran flawlessly for a year, than I had an itching for suppressors. Running now with a Sig 762TI, occasionally the bolt won't lock back on an empty mag. If I take off the suppresser (no flash hider), bolt will lock back consistently on empty mag.

I've read dozens of threads, but can't definitatively wrap my head around which way I should go with the buffer weight. Current thinking is dropping down to H would probably work, although there are moments when I think an H3 is correct. Can someone save me some time and verify which direction I need to be going?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Noah

Feedback Score
    Normally, adding a suppressor to a 10.5 inch upper would create a severely overgassed condition.

Knowing that, it makes me wonder if the bolt is not locking back because it's going so fast that it is missing the bolt hold open.

Where do the empties eject? Do they eject far forward towards the muzzle?

Normally, I would say wolf extra power recoil spring.

I have used a tubs spring on aa over gassed gun before and it solved almost of the problems. When I went to the wolf extra power spring it solved all of the problems

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I'm inclined to think you need to slow down the cyclic rate, so I would try the H3 buffer first.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I'm inclined to think you need to slow down the cyclic rate, so I would try the H3 buffer first.
    This is exactly what I'm thinking.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    H3 on order and going to the range next weekend to drop it in.

Thank you for your quick response.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    It may be too late, but you can order tungsten weights for less than a compete new buffer. Having said that, your barrel is likely way over-gassed. Addressing that will be beneficial beyond gaining reliable function.
    Last edited by MQ105; 01-15-18 at 09:29.