Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Missile false alarm in Hawaii

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I grew up in Omaha...I remember the Cuban Missile Crisis very well. We were likely ground zero for the first stike from the USSR. I dated the daughter of the SAC vice-commander when I was in college...got to tour the underground command post and poke around inside Looking Glass. Those people in SAC...they were very serious folks.
    From previous posts I'd guess you were maybe 10 or 12 at the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis? That had to be terrifying to a kid (or anyone else for that matter). That wasn't Kim Jong Shithead threatening to lob a missile that may or may not work or even make it here. That was M.A.D. to be sure. Thousands of warheads going in both directions, most of them hydrogen bombs with their exponentially greater destructive force. It would have been catastrophic. No, they weren't playing back then to be sure.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    From previous posts I'd guess you were maybe 10 or 12 at the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis? That had to be terrifying to a kid (or anyone else for that matter). That wasn't Kim Jong Shithead threatening to lob a missile that may or may not work or even make it here. That was M.A.D. to be sure. Thousands of warheads going in both directions, most of them hydrogen bombs with their exponentially greater destructive force. It would have been catastrophic. No, they weren't playing back then to be sure.
    Yeah...nuclear attack drills in grade school. "Get under your desk and put your arms over your head". We had more of those than fire drills.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Yeah...nuclear attack drills in grade school. "Get under your desk and put your arms over your head". We had more of those than fire drills.
    We also had those in our rural grades K-8 school. Plus the basement of our band/athletic building was a fallout shelter.

I was not a critical thinker at that stage of life, I remember looking at grey cans of water and thinking 'wow, canned water, that is stupid.'

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Moving this to the Disaster Preparation & Planning subforum, so the OP can post in the thread he started. I merged two threads, and this ended up in GD. Which it sort of is, but a missile hitting your island is pretty much a disaster.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    'CIA servers on Hawaii down load to the main land in and emergency like this. Trump needed this info (Hillary emails) to continue to take down the deep state. Bill, Hillary, and Huma Abadeen were all on Hawaii during this too.'

This is what I have read in relation to QAnon and their posts on Trump supposed dismantling of the deep state. Basically it got info Trump and his allies needed onto servers they could access. Time will tell if this BS or not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    'CIA servers on Hawaii down load to the main land in and emergency like this. Trump needed this info (Hillary emails) to continue to take down the deep state. Bill, Hillary, and Huma Abadeen were all on Hawaii during this too.'

This is what I have read in relation to QAnon and their posts on Trump supposed dismantling of the deep state. Basically it got info Trump and his allies needed onto servers they could access. Time will tell if this BS or not.

That sounds like some Mission Impossible level stuff there.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Sometimes the truth is weirder than fiction.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    But usually not. Sometimes it's just fiction.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I can post again!

What I find odd in all of this is that there are zero reports of injuries or deaths from people freaking out. I’m not quite sure what to make of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast