Thread: New Osprey on Old Sig 220, I've got a question

Feedback Score

New Osprey on Old Sig 220, I've got a question

After the long wait my stamp finally came through and I have had an opportunity to shoot my 20+ year old Sig with a new Sig threaded barrel and my Osprey. What I have found is a major change in the pistol's zero, very low and very left now. So I removed the Osprey and found the pistol to shoot high center. (Suppressed -5" and Left 5", without Osprey +6" both @ 25 yards.) Partially I feel it is that I am new to having a suppressor on a pistol, and partially it is the fact that the sights are obscured when the Osprey is onboard.

So the question is; what sort of zero change should one expect from having the suppressor on versus not?
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have had the same setup, an old West German Sig P220, that was rebuilt.

Remember you are adding weight to the end of the barrel. That will change the POI. As for the POA, if you can look through the sights and just aim, harder said then done, but you practice.

As you know you,lock the Osprey in place on the pistol, it will be square with the pistol, making sure it is unloaded.

- pull the suppressor forward, it will be under spring tension, turn it right or left
    - the suppressor will now be cocked in different position. Make sure the teeth in the piston lock up and fall into place into the suppressor,
    - Re-Cam it so it is straight with the pistol again.
    - Shoot it and see the POI, it should have changed, do this till the POI is adjusted closely to the POA.

Most suppressor that use the design like the Osprey that have the teeth on piston, you can rotate to change the POI.

If you have any other questions PM me.
    Last edited by sbui; 01-14-18 at 12:17.

Feedback Score
    Thank you very much I shall try this at my earliest opportunity.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You said that your having PoA to PoI issues w/o the can correct ?? That's one problem that needs to be addressed first. Next would be suppressor tall sights, trying to shoot through the suppressor as you have now experience is in within itself challenging. Due to the design of the Osprey (oversized), it's not the quietest can on the block. But because of it shouldn't give you PoA to PoI shifts with a good barrel.

Feedback Score
    Yes there are POA vs POI shifts, and they are different if the suppressor is not on the SIG barrel.

I got to fire a few rounds at 25 yards today and supported the POI was only on average about 3 inches low, but a good 6 inches left. that of course is easy enough to adjust for... Bigger hammer solution. :-)

Pistol shoots approximately 6 inches higher without the Osprey onboard. Once again supported.

Thanks for the input, took the piston out cleaned and lubed, and polished the ends of the lifter spring cause they were just too rough.