Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bradley “Chelsea” Manning to run for Senate

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    How is he even allowed? His sentence was commuted, not pardoned. He was dishonorably discharged, which essentially makes him a felon. He can't even vote. How can he run for office?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I guess you can be a traitorous felon and still be in the Senate.
    In fact, that’s a good description for many of our Senators.
    Had the same thought/question about eligibility. But Manning would probably still be a better, more honest and trustworthy senator than Feinstein, Schumer, Boxer, and several others I can think of.

Deck chairs, Titanic. We're the band.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    You know what, I hope he/she/it wins. Our political system is already a joke, we might as well go full reality show status. Maybe the Republicans can find a legit Klansman or AB member to run in opposition.

Feedback Score

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dist. Expert 26 View Post
    You know what, I hope he/she/it wins. Our political system is already a joke, we might as well go full reality show status. Maybe the Republicans can find a legit Klansman or AB member to run in opposition.
    I dont condone or endorse it, but in the paradigm of that situation they should get the KKK guy from Howard Stern Show they used to have back in the day. At least he was funny

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I mean, dozens of Senators elected in the 1870s were literally guilty of treason, having actively engaged in open rebellion against their lawful government (the same government they were elected to serve in the 1870s), so there's really nothing new there.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    I mean, dozens of Senators elected in the 1870s were literally guilty of treason, having actively engaged in open rebellion against their lawful government (the same government they were elected to serve in the 1870s), so there's really nothing new there.
    Excuse me, excayuuuse me!

It was not treason. It was sedition!
    And to their credit they didnt look like the dude from The Human League

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I dont condone or endorse it, but in the paradigm of that situation they should get the KKK guy from Howard Stern Show they used to have back in the day. At least he was funny
    I was thinking more of the Clayton Bigsby (Chappelle's show) variety. That would make for some interesting debates.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Good for her. I encourage her to run.

Because I'm tired of watching this country's gradual spiraling descent into the toilet, at this point let's just get this over with and rip the band-aid right off.
    So yep "Manning for Senate", because at this point it just.... makes perfect sense. Why wouldn't a tranny criminal be treated like a legitimate democratic senatorial candidate?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I smell a book deal.
    Its a diversion and likely paid for by people who want to throw some color on the midterm elections.
    Anyone can say they are running, actually doing so would require commitment and dedication to do the work necessary, so it aint happening.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Minor thought, perhaps we would benefit from this. Enough of these assholes and we could have a national "reverse Ross Perot" situation on our hands.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast