Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Suppressed SBR is no longer reliable.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grip View Post
    I looked around on the website, tried to research that setup online with almost no results. I understand the concept, and may install a custom tune gas port in my noveske gas block in the future.

I know SLR is good, and im a sucker for well machined parts.
    Have you checked headspace with a set of gauges? After buffer mass, extractor spring, and action spring are addressed, all we are left with is chamber dimensions and gas port size in terms of troubleshooting items.

I'm not trying to disparage Noveske (RIP, John) at all. But once we eliminate what is impossible, we are left with what is possible.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Have you checked headspace with a set of gauges? After buffer mass, extractor spring, and action spring are addressed, all we are left with is chamber dimensions and gas port size in terms of troubleshooting items.

I'm not trying to disparage Noveske (RIP, John) at all. But once we eliminate what is impossible, we are left with what is possible.
    I used a 5.56 Min/Max set of gauges when the rifle was built years ago. It is only recently having issues due to the suppressor (not really recently, more like within the last year of shooting it suppressed.) I gave up on suppressors for a while and left it in the safe when I would go out shooting. Now I am determined to get the gun to run reliably suppressed or not.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I used a 5.56 Min/Max set of gauges when the rifle was built years ago. It is only recently having issues due to the suppressor (not really recently, more like within the last year of shooting it suppressed.) I gave up on suppressors for a while and left it in the safe when I would go out shooting. Now I am determined to get the gun to run reliably suppressed or not.
    Good on your for inspecting up front. We'll rule the chamber dimensions out, then.

Well, I use a SpecWar 556 with great success. I get virtually zero port noise and my brass is virtually indistinguishable from unsuppressed brass unless you inspected them side by side. I've repeatedly been accused of shooting 300 supers by people who have suppressed 300 BO systems.

But, to accomplish what you want, you're going to need to heavily regulate the gas and invest in the LMT e-carrier (which I think you did, right?). No way around it.

But if I can has ZERO gas to face, nearly clean brass, and vanishingly low recoil using my can, you can too.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    yeah, I have an lmt-e carrier, and a adjustable gas block on the way. gun already has an H3 buffer and a springco blue in it.

Ill adjust it according to info I have found on here.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Well, apparently LMT-E carriers are made of unobtanium.

The place i ordered from notified me saying they have to special order it from LMT and have no idea how long it will take to get.

LMT seems to have removed them from their website, and every other place that carries them online is out of stock.

Looks like ill leave the special order open and hope i eventually get it?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

The place i ordered from notified me saying they have to special order it from LMT and have no idea how long it will take to get.

LMT seems to have removed them from their website, and every other place that carries them online is out of stock.

I got mine directly from LMT. Give them a call.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Before you went on the Unobtanium shopping spree, did you try some different ammo?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Not yet, I shoot on weekends, and work on weekdays...plus I don't pay a range to shoot, so I need to venture out into the desert. I will this weekend.

Need it for this rifle or not, does not mean I cannot collect an enhanced carrier.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    It might actually be even easier than your easy-as-pie description makes it sound. The CustomTune kit comes with a small thread tap included, right?
    Yes. Yes, it does.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Yes. Yes, it does.
    Thank you, sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast