Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington's 2018 catalog

Feedback Score

Remington's 2018 catalog

Considering the roasting that the RP9 handgun has taken over the last year, some thought that Remington might just throw in the towel on the whole thing. Browsing the new catalog, evidently they've decided to proceed with the RP45 variant so maybe things aren't as dire as originally thought. Looks like they're still milking the 870 shotgun and 700 rifle actions for any mileage they can get.:

https://remington-catalog.com/catalogs/remington/2018/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Poor Remington.

1300s are still the most Chad Pump Action out there. OOP for a while aside from a spattering of special runs. Still sought after

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    They still make good electric razors

Feedback Score
    Winchester is producing the Defender these days, slightly modified from the older 1300's, though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Winchester is producing the Defender these days, slightly modified from the older 1300's, though.
    True but it doesn't look the same.

Screw Remington upside down and in the ear. Get a Winchester 70 Pre 64 and get a life!

Beridded myself of all Remington anything and life can't possibly be better. They just dont care anymore.
    Wake the f*ck up, Samurai

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    And made in Turkey, instead of New England.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    An article describing the newer SXP:

https://www.americanhunter.org/artic...-super-x-pump/

The SXP is not a Turkish-designed gun with an American brand. It’s a gun made to Winchester’s specifications in Turkey. The new gun combines the lines of the popular Super X3 semi-auto, the old fast-pumping action, and several significant improvements over the old model. Says Glenn Hatt, Winchester product manager: “This gun will function better than any 1300 ever made.”

Available in black synthetic, the 1300 takes styling cues from the Super X3. The stock has the X3’s semi-Cubist pattern of lines and planes. Red W’s here and there decorate the stock and receiver, and it even has replicas of the X3’s Quadra-Vent in the forearm. Of course, gas vents on a pump serve no purpose; they’re like the chromed, fake vent holes on the sides of 1950s cars.

More significantly, the SXP has the X3’s rib profile and stock dimensions, a near-parallel comb arrangement that fits many shooters. It also has the soft “Inflex” recoil pad with a hard insert on the heel found on the X3 and Browning Maxus semi-autos. The barrel is bored to Browning’s standard overbore of .742, and the gun takes Invector-Plus chokes.

Among the changes to improve the durability of the SXP is the elimination of the distinctive “fishtail,” V-shaped joint between the head of the stock and the rear of the receiver. The new straight-line joint is much stronger, while the receiver itself is made of aircraft-grade aluminum that is tougher than the impact-extruded aluminum of the old guns. Inside, the action bars and the plate upon which the bolt sits have been made from three pieces into one. Not only does that make the gun much easier to take apart—you can remove the action bars and bolt as one piece—it eliminates a source of wiggle and wear that was a weakness of the old design.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    So the biggest things I am seeing here is they shoved a Box magazine into their 870s and have a new chassis system for the 700. Still no ACR, still nothing innovative. RIP Remington..
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    So the biggest things I am seeing here is they shoved a Box magazine into their 870s and have a new chassis system for the 700. Still no ACR, still nothing innovative. RIP Remington..

You could say the same thing about the entire US firearms industry. Everyone makes AR's, 1911's, Glock knock-off's, pump shotguns, bolt guns, revolvers etc. It's all the same stuff over and over again. Nothing truly innovative at all it seems other than accessories or optics. That's why I started collecting stuff from over seas- just for something different.

Feedback Score
    Didn't bolt gun technology peak with World War I?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast