Thread: Cartridge stuck in LE6920 barrel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Cartridge stuck in LE6920 barrel

Hi all
    Went and shot about 300 rounds today out of my LE6920 and Spikes. I shot a mix of .223 today that was American Eagle and Fiocchi. The girlfriend was shooting the LE6920 when the issue happened. She called me over and i noticed the casing was wedged partially in the barrel at the feed ramps. I had to grab a rod and poke it out but when I did I noticed the bullet tip was depressed down into the top portion of the shell casing and there wasn’t a depressed primer on the round. I’m not sure if it was Fiocchi or AE. The Range officer took the round from us before I could take a pic. Any idea what could’ve caused this? Could this have damaged my rifle at all? Here’s a few pics of the feed ramps I took real quick.

43695790-616B-4DA2-AAB7-F8009B0A2068.jpg

C2389501-C7B0-4377-A468-102C9F92EEDB.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Bullet setback or bad primer ignition would be my guess. I wouldn't be worried about it, assuming it continued to fire after that misfire.

If it still has hiccups, check the firing pin for damage.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I ran another 30 round mag without a hitch right after. Tight groupings and all. I was just concerned about it, I love my LE6920.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like a bullet wasnt crimped properly. Rifle looksfine from pics.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Should I not be shooting .223 and just go with AE 5.56 instead ?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Why did the RO take your round? Did you give it to him? Hard to figure this out, monday morning quarterback style, without the evidence to go on.

Sounds like it's not a problem anymore since it ran fine after that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well I didn’t have a rod handy so I had to ask the RO for one. He asked to take the round and I just handed it over to him and he brought it over to one of the other Range officers. This particular range is pretty strict and they go as far as making sure your brass gets sweeped up and recycled in their bins. They don’t allow brass to be taken by shooters usually. He came over to me with the gun and took the round pretty quick. Now that I think about it I wish I asked for it back.