Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BEST EVER thin grips for Beretta 92 series, BETTER THAN TRAUSCH!!...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

BEST EVER thin grips for Beretta 92 series, BETTER THAN TRAUSCH!!...

OMG SO EXCITED!!

I have a love hate relationship with Beretta 92 series pistols. I have used them in civilian life and also while I was attached to an MP unit (just attached to was never an MP myself but qualed with and used the M9) back in the day.

Why I hate them...
    Size and weight not efficient for caliber and capacity
    Big fat grips (I have very small hands, disproportionately for my body size, it's like I have a regular body but midget hands)
    Long trigger reach (see previous comment)
    Long heavy trigger
    Slide mounted backward operating safety decocker thing

Why I love them...
    Classic old school design, beautiful appearance
    US Military service pistol for decades that I have memories from back in the day (still in service, kind of, but don't get to play with pistols anymore).

Things that make them better...
    A D spring improves the trigger pull weight
    A D model slide resolves my dislike of the safety decokcer and looks nice and is easier to grab and charge
    A Mec-Gar 18rd flush mag vastly improves the size and weight to caliber and capacity consideration
    AND NOW, for the finale!!...
    LOK Grips thin grips
    http://lokgrips.com/gun-grips/berett...eckered-grips/
    These grips address my grip and hand size issues, improve my trigger reach issues, and also the size efficiency issues.

IMG_0605.jpgIMG_0606.jpgIMG_0608.jpgIMG_0610.jpgIMG_0611.jpg

Why I think these are better than Trausch. Materials and manufacturing methods. The majority of Trausch grips were rubber. However the Beretta grips were plastic. Because they were so very thin they could sometimes warp. These LOK grips appear to be made of G10 or something similar and machined.

How they could be better. It might be nice if LOK grips would make some grip screws with thinner heads or shorter shafts as they stand proud a bit. Maybe if I remove the O rings? I'll check that next. YEP!! Taking the O rings out worked. Screws are flush now and everything seems good.

TED
    Last edited by TED; 01-18-18 at 22:52. Reason: additional info

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    How do you like them compared to the Wilson Combat ultra-thin G10 grips?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    How do you like them compared to the Wilson Combat ultra-thin G10 grips?
    Not sure, never tried the Wilsons. One big obvious difference is the price. These are quite a bit less than the Wilsons.

TED

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    The Wilson's do go on sale for about that price relatively often. If you subscribe to their email newseltter, you get a heads up.

I do like the contouring on those Lok grips, they look very useful for folks with smaller paws.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Better hang on to those Trausch grips- not made anymore.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Interesting. I just picked up a set of the Langdon Tactical G10 grips. Very thin and very grippy. I agree about the D model looking better, I would really like to get a 92D Centurion some day.

https://www.langdontactical.com/stor...ck_Cherry.html

On one of my 92A1's
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Feedback Score
    My wife has long fingers which makes her hands as long as mine, she absolutely loves the M9. I have short stubby fingers and a long palm. My hands fit a M9 pretty good, but the Sig P22- series is perfect for me. I’d consider getting the slim grips, but I don’t think my wife would go for it. It’s pretty much her gun. Though she does like the P220, only because it shoots the fat bullets (sic).

Feedback Score
    I have had LOK brand grips before (CZ 75, not Berreta) and will attest to their quality and value.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don't know why people think the M9 has such a big grip. It's basically the same size as a Glock 19, just not as flat on the sides. The circumference is the same.

Feedback Score
    I never used the D spring until about ten years ago.
    The two week pistol course transition we got back in the 80s when we turned in the 1911A1s explicitly stated the spring ensured firing any ammo.

The hardest primers I have enoutned were 1960s manufacture Egyptian corrosive sub gun ammo.
    Glocks, HPs, etc. routinely got light primer strikes on that while my Beretta never missed a beat.

After converting to a D spring it will still fire it. So no issues with a D spring.

With regards to going to a full D model Beretta,
    The reset and pull of them in DAO hampers you.
    Take a G or FS to the range and run some courses head to head with a D model.

Unless you are way to the left on the shooting curve, it will be very noticeable.

At near Wilson thin grips prices, I would have to handle these grips in person before going to them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast