Thread: Practical limitations on size w/o using wipes or ablative material...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Practical limitations on size w/o using wipes or ablative material...

I am aware of the Gemtech Aurora, the Thompson Machine Poseidon, the DeGroat Nano and other cans that either use ablative material, wipes, or both.

Personally I have no interest in those due to the complications of using wipes and ablative material, especially in regards to the use of hollow points (DO NOT use HP's with wipes or ablative material!).

That being the case it appears that Omega 9K that I just recently became aware of from anotehr thread is one of the smaller, shorter, lighter options.

What would be your recommendations for something comparable or better for a 9mm.

Versatility is great. That said, I definitely don't mind owning multiples or dedicated pieces. I'm at 4 now, and not stopping so...

TED
    Last edited by TED; 01-15-18 at 03:42.

Feedback Score
    Rugged Obsidian 9. Certainly a versatile 9mm suppressor. It’s pretty light in its short configuration, 8.7oz. at 4.85”. It’s very comparable to the Omega 9k but more versatile as you can also run it in long configuration.
    Last edited by dewingrm; 01-15-18 at 08:26.

Feedback Score
    I still think the rev9 has one of the best balances, but it depends on what you’re after:
    Short config is 128-ish db, 9.7 oz, about 5.5” long. It seems any shorter and the noise level starts going up a lot.

3-lug capable, full auto rated, and the mod3 can handle a couple full power rounds at a time (300 and 5.56). Something to look at at least.