Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruger ar 556 trigger upgrade question

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Can't help 'em all IG, at least you tried.

If you want to know why your Ruger is easily regarded as a POS and dumping 200$ into a single trigger just seems... Foolish; use the search button and review some of threads out there about them.

But, hey, if you wanna dump 220$ into a 440$ rifle, no one around here will stop you. But don't act like you didn't ask for input while you don't get the answers you would have preferred.

The litmus around here is, pretty much, a LE6920. A Ruger is significantly more likely to fail out on you. It has a lower materials threshold, the QC is garbage, it is over gassed.

The gun will serve it's purpose, as a trainer. Shoot it, and run it hard. Learn the choppier trigger with a few thousand rounds so you can truly appreciate a good trigger when you drop it into a much higher end rifle.

Spend your money as you see fit, but this community is akin to "Buy once, instead of cry a bunch."
    Strange, look at the difference between post #2 and post #5 made by the same individual. Seems to have jumped on the same bandwagon you, have. If I really wanted, I have guns I could sell one and have enough to purchase LE6920 with money left over and if I get a wild hair up my butt, I might do it but the fact still remains all I asked was would the Geissele trigger fit my Ruger ar 556. And why, (some) people after post #2 felt things needed to go the direction they did Oh well, nuff said!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by p5200 View Post
    I was suggested that trigger on another forum, had I had the cash I probably would have jumped on it I've seen great reviews on the LaRue but, I had already ordered the Geissele trigger on a 6-pay plan. Thanks!
    Good deal. Hope you enjoy it. Post back with your opinion.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by p5200 View Post
    Strange, look at the difference between post #2 and post #5 made by the same individual. Seems to have jumped on the same bandwagon you, have. If I really wanted, I have guns I could sell one and have enough to purchase LE6920 with money left over and if I get a wild hair up my butt, I might do it but the fact still remains all I asked was would the Geissele trigger fit my Ruger ar 556. And why, (some) people after post #2 felt things needed to go the direction they did Oh well, nuff said!
    When I made post #2 I didn't catch that you were the guy asking about a barrel and free floating your Ruger in another thread. Let me tell you a quick story about the first AR 15 I bought. I still kinda have it. I say kinda because there is not one original part left. Not a single pin or screw. No receivers. Nothing! It's that easy when you don't know where you want to end up before you start. You are experiencing what I did. You didn't know enough about the platform when you bought in and have just enough knowledge now to improve what you bought. My point was.. If you are going throw money at an AR15, throw money at buying a good one to start with. I didn't. If you are somehow insulted by me and others trying to save you money I am sorry. Many here have gone down the same road I have. Many more will go down the road you want to travel. If you don't want frank advice don't ask questions.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Get the trigger of your choice and go enjoy it. Become intimately familiar with it (weapon). It'll be just fine. While there's members here who'll forget more than I'll ever learn about the AR world, there appears to be social classes much like in society. They drive a Mercedes and have absolutely no idea how you survive life driving a Camry. Some are serious and can make a good argument and others are nothing more than internet intellectuals. It's your call on accepting / declining their help and comments.

And then there might be issues of "nudging" people to more expensive hardware for reasons of generating revenue. Firearm forums are an excellent source for vendors, dealers, and manufacturers to sell their products no matter how they choose to do so. It's one thing to give alternative, perhaps negative thoughts on a situation while trying to help someone but, it's quite another to buttstroke them in a condescending manner. Appreciate their knowledge and willingness to help, I for one certainly do, but don't take their crap.
    Awesome, remember that the next time you ask for advice here on M4C.

But all of the Mods, Staff and Industry Professionals that volunteer their time FOR FREE to help people here are just shills. Right.

But what the hell do I know? I drive a ten-year-old Toyota, not a Mercedes.

Pretty damn insulting post, dude. This thread is over.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123