Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
What does "more heavy duty" mean? Within context it seems like you're just looking for a heavier gun in which case, if that's all you're after, then no. Maybe I just don't understand what you're asking?
“Heavy Duty” at least to me, means something that can handle considerable abuse, beyond what the average off the rack budget rifle or ultra lightweight rifle is capable of, and yes a side effect of having that to hell and back/ready for war rifle is some extra weight. I’m old school I guess, I like the rigidity of a monolithic upper, quad rails and the sustained fire capability of a heavier barrel. I have lighter weight rifles with pencil barrels and Keymod/MLOK hand guards but those aren’t my preference, I have those so that my wife and children can handle them more comfortably. I realize in the civilian world it is unlikely to ever need that level of durability. My time in the military has definitely influenced my personal preferences, as unnessary as some of them may be here in the states.