Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT MRP Worth the $$$

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    What does "more heavy duty" mean? Within context it seems like you're just looking for a heavier gun in which case, if that's all you're after, then no. Maybe I just don't understand what you're asking?
    “Heavy Duty” at least to me, means something that can handle considerable abuse, beyond what the average off the rack budget rifle or ultra lightweight rifle is capable of, and yes a side effect of having that to hell and back/ready for war rifle is some extra weight. I’m old school I guess, I like the rigidity of a monolithic upper, quad rails and the sustained fire capability of a heavier barrel. I have lighter weight rifles with pencil barrels and Keymod/MLOK hand guards but those aren’t my preference, I have those so that my wife and children can handle them more comfortably. I realize in the civilian world it is unlikely to ever need that level of durability. My time in the military has definitely influenced my personal preferences, as unnessary as some of them may be here in the states.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I just did a build with a MARS lower. I built a 16 inch with Geissele 15 inch rail and SLR gas block....... The barrel sucked but Im looking into options. MARS lowers are legit.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmagurk View Post
    “Heavy Duty” at least to me, means something that can handle considerable abuse, beyond what the average off the rack budget rifle or ultra lightweight rifle is capable of, and yes a side effect of having that to hell and back/ready for war rifle is some extra weight. I’m old school I guess, I like the rigidity of a monolithic upper, quad rails and the sustained fire capability of a heavier barrel. I have lighter weight rifles with pencil barrels and Keymod/MLOK hand guards but those aren’t my preference, I have those so that my wife and children can handle them more comfortably. I realize in the civilian world it is unlikely to ever need that level of durability. My time in the military has definitely influenced my personal preferences, as unnessary as some of them may be here in the states.
    There's nothing wrong with an MRP but actual "hell and back/ready for war rifles" have objectively proven that there's no real need for extra weight. You've not expressed any actual need for the additional capability the MRP brings, nor articulate any particular aspect in shooting that would benefit from added weight. If you literally just want a heavy gun, whatever floats your boat. But I stand by my previous statement that if that's literally all you're after then the MRP isn't worth the money.

Of course if you just want an MRP then it's worth whatever you're willing to pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    What does "more heavy duty" mean? Within context it seems like you're just looking for a heavier gun in which case, if that's all you're after, then no. Maybe I just don't understand what you're asking?
    Heavy duty means the ability to take repeated physical abuse without impacting function. Even nice rails will shift if you beat on them enough. LMT just makes there rifles right, they are properly gassed, they drill there gas ports at 45 degrees on the MRP, the enhanced bolt is really well done piece and is rivaled only by the E3 IMO. Recoil is smooth and straight back. I have owned KACs, Noveskes, Colts, Daniel Defense, BCMs, etc and MRPs are my favorite. If possible, MRP with an E3 bolt would absolutely dominate any other rifle out there for a hard use, general purpose AR, but I still believe that the E3 is only marginally better than the LMT enhanced. Both were designed to last the life of the barrel. I have yet to see either design sheer a lug.
    "The machine doesn't make the man, the man makes the machine" - Gucci

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by midSCarolina View Post
    Heavy duty means the ability to take repeated physical abuse without impacting function. Even nice rails will shift if you beat on them enough. LMT just makes there rifles right, they are properly gassed, they drill there gas ports at 45 degrees on the MRP, the enhanced bolt is really well done piece and is rivaled only by the E3 IMO. Recoil is smooth and straight back. I have owned KACs, Noveskes, Colts, Daniel Defense, BCMs, etc and MRPs are my favorite. If possible, MRP with an E3 bolt would absolutely dominate any other rifle out there for a hard use, general purpose AR, but I still believe that the E3 is only marginally better than the LMT enhanced. Both were designed to last the life of the barrel. I have yet to see either design sheer a lug.
    This is exactly what I’m talking about.

Feedback Score
    Here's a thread I made on the MRP a few years back...and yes, I'm still loving mine. I would love it better if LMT came out with a lightweight barrel option for 5.56, but oh well. I think it speaks volumes that the NZDF selected that platform over HK and FN offerings.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...still-relevant
    Last edited by bad aim; 01-16-18 at 13:52. Reason: link added
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't have one, but I have always wanted one. The weight is the only thing that stopped me from buying one.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If you somehow damage the rail are you sol?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    If you somehow damage the rail are you sol?
    It would take quite a blow to damage the rail. They are very solid.

If you did, however, you could buy a new stripped MRP upper, and swap the bcg & barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm holding out for the Mlok version.

Wanted one for years and glad I waited.

Check out LMTs instagram sometime. I have no desire to barrel swap but I like the monolithic part.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast