Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT MRP Worth the $$$

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Where did you source the MARS lower?

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I just did a build with a MARS lower. I built a 16 inch with Geissele 15 inch rail and SLR gas block....... The barrel sucked but Im looking into options. MARS lowers are legit.

PB
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'm holding out for the Mlok version.

Wanted one for years and glad I waited.

Check out LMTs instagram sometime. I have no desire to barrel swap but I like the monolithic part.
    Mlok could finally get me to pull the trigger. I’ll have to start following their instragram

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Mlok could finally get me to pull the trigger. I’ll have to start following their instragram
    The MLOK is a game changer but I'm kinda hoping someone will want to sell off one of their rifle length non-MLOK slick uppers at a good price so I can make a 16" to match my 10.5. Kinda want to just have a matching cqb and rifle length with my cqb running the T2 and the 16" running an ACOG or something. But I may just pick up an MLOK if I can't find a deal on the other.
    "The machine doesn't make the man, the man makes the machine" - Gucci

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just looked at their instagram and it is dead sexy. This could get me into an MWS, it looked like at least one picture was a 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    It means the rail doesn't squirm around on the barrel nut like most rails on the market.

Which can never happen with an LMT as the handguard and upper are one piece of aluminum.

Is there another monolithic option anymore, other than the Megalithic?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Is there another monolithic option anymore, other than the Megalithic?
    Colt has a monolithic offering.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem View Post
    Colt has a monolithic offering.

Yeah, but quad rails are sooo 2003...

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    If you had asked me 3 weeks ago before the M-lok uppers were leaked I would have firmly said 'no, they're not worth it.'
    This is coming from a person that owns an MWS, MRP CQB and MRP rifle length. I say this because, with the exception of the MWS, when I got in to my two MRPs I paid about $1500 for each one, complete. Now they're easily $2100 rifles and nothing has changed. I was at SHOT show when they showed off their SLICK uppers and honestly, I hate them. I thought they were ugly from the get go, and didn't like the use of smaller venting holes.

The barrel change system is still the absolute tits in my opinion, IF you're going to use it. If you're not going to use it then it's a very well built, reliable, hard-use firearm with a heavy barrel. I've had 3 barrels modified to keep my interest in the platform. All weight saving techniques.
    I think if LMT offered a larger variety of barrel profiles, and lengths, in closer to the $200/ea price range along with their new m-lok upper, they could really have something.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sevin8nin View Post
    If you had asked me 3 weeks ago before the M-lok uppers were leaked I would have firmly said 'no, they're not worth it.'
    This is coming from a person that owns an MWS, MRP CQB and MRP rifle length. I say this because, with the exception of the MWS, when I got in to my two MRPs I paid about $1500 for each one, complete. Now they're easily $2100 rifles and nothing has changed. I was at SHOT show when they showed off their SLICK uppers and honestly, I hate them. I thought they were ugly from the get go, and didn't like the use of smaller venting holes.

The barrel change system is still the absolute tits in my opinion, IF you're going to use it. If you're not going to use it then it's a very well built, reliable, hard-use firearm with a heavy barrel. I've had 3 barrels modified to keep my interest in the platform. All weight saving techniques.
    I think if LMT offered a larger variety of barrel profiles, and lengths, in closer to the $200/ea price range along with their new m-lok upper, they could really have something.
    Ugly?!?! You just have to know how to doll them up a little
    "The machine doesn't make the man, the man makes the machine" - Gucci

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sevin8nin View Post

Calling them today, 11.5 barrel is $430 CQB Mlok upper is $759 and rifle is $809. Its not a cheap system to get into. The chassis alone is the cost of a complete BCM upper.

I bought a complete rifle to get a MARS lower. I think I'm going to sell the complete upper and just get a BCM.

The thing is rock solid no doubt, but if your going to be laying out $400 plus per barrel plus the costs of new bolts to run different calibers, at that point you might as well just put together a new upper with dedicated optics for that one.

I'd be a little more interested in the Mlok uppers if there weren't QD sockets built into the front of the 3 and 9 o'clock positions.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast