Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magpul Pro chassis

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    http://www.americanrifle.com/store/

Bighorn, Defiance and Surgeon will be your number one along with ARC above. It all depends on what you want, weight, features and intended use.

AI, Tikka and Bergara are good factory options. AI being on top price wise of course, the Tikka Tac offering is a good option. Of course there's the Ruger.

But, big question, will these color match the FDE of the Pro?

http://www.511tactical.com/511-tacti...ns-cotton.html
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    1k dollars has to be some sort of a joke for that thing when you can buy an MPA or KRG chassis for the same or less(less in most cases).I like it but they are competing at the top of the price range with all metal chassis that weight the same

Hell I paid $775 for my MPA BA chassis brand new from a brick and mortar retail shop lol

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have shot several chassis. The MPA feels better than the KRG and XLR. After having several XLR's and messing with the stock and folder, I find it severely lacking. Having to remove the cheek piece for cleaning, and the lockup on the folder is not that good. The set screws never stay where you put them to keep it tight.

The mag entry and lock up is better on the MPA, along with the whole gun feeling more solid when shooting it.

The grip on the magpul is not that bad to my eyes. Most long range shooters use the side rest method, so gripping it like a regular gun is not even relevant. I only use my last 3 fingers on the grip,one on the side as a rest. This allows you to have a more perpendicular/correct angle for your trigger finger. Not inducing torque into the rifle for long shots.

The biggest difference between a chassis and something like a manners/mcmillan is how you get on the gun. A chassis will like to be driven a bit more aggressively...pulled into your shoulder pocket more firmly than a composite stock. And loading the bipod a bit more firmly. Most of my guns have a manners on them now, which are like driving a cadillac compared to a chassis.

Does the magpul rattle like their other one does ?

03scgt, that's a nice looking stick you have bud. What can do you have on it ?

6.5 Creedmoor 4tw !!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Just an sdn6.I have 2 of them and ironically I was worried about them causing me accuracy problems,but as is sits with the sdn6 and almost any ammo its pretty hard to not shoot half moa.I wish I was as consistent as it is lol

Feedback Score
    Its not too bad looking. I just purchased a MPA competition chassis, and got 10% off to boot by being a retired LEO..However with current options out there, why would you actually buy a Rem action? I know it was the gold standard for years but by the time you pay for getting the action trued you could have bought a better rig to begin with.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    A lot will buy these because there are a billion R700 owners out there and the rise of long range shooting and comps won't hurt. Sure, most in the know would rather buy a Tikka these days for a factory action but that doesn't change how many R700's out there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hello all,

Thank you for the interest and comments on the Pro 700. From the earliest days of the Hunter 700 we knew we wanted to develop a high end, full feature chassis for the Remington 700 platform. We set forward with developing a purposeful list of features and attributes intended to optimize end user adjustability while ensuring we provide extremely rigid, ambidextrous chassis to ensure the shooter has total confidence in repeatable performance. The full machined aluminum chassis is covered with Magpul polymer skins to protect the mechanisms, prevent damage, improve ergonomics, features tool-less adjustment of LOP and CH, has an ambidextrous folding hinge that clears the bold handle, adjustable butt-pad for height and cant, adjustable cheek riser fore/aft & reversible, enlarged trigger well, adjustable grip for trigger reach, two different grips included, full M-LOK compatibility for the forend & stock, and will have an NVD mounting solution available. The Pro 700 provides the best value when set side by side to other comparable models currently in the market.

Product Manager at Magpul Industries

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    It slices.... it dices....

It is a real nice looking option. I don’t think it is over priced, but Magpul often seems to be able to come in at prices under what I’d expect.

Kind of a crowded market space, but it definately looks like a winner.

Dozer, what chassis do you think this competes most closely with?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When you compare it to models from AICS, Cadex, KRG, and others with comparable features and see where MSRP is for them you see how much lower our's is. It's easy to get hung up on the price as this is the most expensive product Magpul has ever made, but you get a lot for your money.

For those going to SHOT, please feel free to stop by the Magpul booth and check it out and see what all the fuzz is about.

Product Manager at Magpul Industries

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozer View Post
    When you compare it to models from AICS, Cadex, KRG, and others with comparable features and see where MSRP is for them you see how much lower our's is. It's easy to get hung up on the price as this is the most expensive product Magpul has ever made, but you get a lot for your money.

For those going to SHOT, please feel free to stop by the Magpul booth and check it out and see what all the fuzz is about.

I’ll stop by
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast