Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magpul Pro chassis

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Some are calling it ugly or high priced. I think all chassis systems really lack in the beauty department but the Magpul has a clean look to me. When it comes to cost, only the buyer can say whether the price paid and the benefits received are worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    What are some good 700 receivers and barrels to use with this new Magpul chassis. Any got a favorite??

C4
    I just used a Defiance Deviant, with a Hawke Hill barrel in 6x47L, for a build.

While my experience is limited, I have several trued Remington 700 actions and a Stiller TAC30 action. The Defiance was well worth the money spent.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    Some are calling it ugly or high priced. I think all chassis systems really lack in the beauty department but the Magpul has a clean look to me. When it comes to cost, only the buyer can say whether the price paid and the benefits received are worth it.
    Yeah, I think it looks great. I was planning to sell my 700 SPS and build an AR10 for more options. This chassis with the 16.5" barrel will make a nice little package.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    For an already saturated market, introducing a relatively plain chassis with no unique features seems like a mistake to me. Especially at the 1k price point.

I'm interested in the grip though- will it be for sale separately?

Feedback Score
    I was hoping to see a Hunter 700-like stock with a more vertical grip angle and the aluminum bedding block extended a bit further into the forend for stiffness. KRG hit the nail on the head with their Bravo stock.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    What are some good 700 receivers and barrels to use with this new Magpul chassis. Any got a favorite??

C4
    I don't have one yet, but I know some guys that swear by Kelbly's Atlas Tactical. Price point is good and their shop is relatively close to yours.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dist. Expert 26 View Post
    For an already saturated market, introducing a relatively plain chassis with no unique features seems like a mistake to me. Especially at the 1k price point.

I'm interested in the grip though- will it be for sale separately?
    Lol it has plenty of unique features that no other chassis have at a even higher price point.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by graffex View Post
    Lol it has plenty of unique features that no other chassis have at a even higher price point.
    Such as?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozer View Post
    When you compare it to models from AICS, Cadex, KRG, and others with comparable features and see where MSRP is for them you see how much lower our's is. It's easy to get hung up on the price as this is the most expensive product Magpul has ever made, but you get a lot for your money.

For those going to SHOT, please feel free to stop by the Magpul booth and check it out and see what all the fuzz is about.

What are the chances of a Tikka T3 comparable version? The Remington 700 action is so yesterday. :-)
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just left the Magpul booth. I’m sold. That is a really nice chassis.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dist. Expert 26 View Post
    Such as?

Isn’t it adaptable for ambi use? Including the folding stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast