Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Do I Need A Second AR?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagewind View Post
    I am going to suggest a different approach...
    The OP left out important details- do you have a good sling, weapon light, and RDS? If not, take care of those things first. Then purchase a 2nd LE6920, and equip it similarly. Want something different? Substitute a 1-4 or 1-6 optic in place of the RDS. Want to splurge? Buy a suppressor, set up a trust. In any event, go buy another 2,000-3,000 rounds while the buying is good.
    Who am I? Just a guy like you, except I have multiple AR's, each different from the other. I am (slowly) learning to follow my own advise...
    Pretty much this.
    P.M.A.G.: Parts, Mags, Ammo, Guns
    Go get a 2nd 6920. Other brands may be slightly better in some areas, but probably not enough to justify the extra cost unless you want something specific they offer, or planned modifications to your 6920 would cost more than just buying a rifle factory configured.
    Then with the money you just saved on all the fancy stuff, start upping your collection of mags, spare parts, and ammo. Unless you find a good deal on your optic of choice, then of course get that.
    Think of it this way- when the next wave of full metal retard hits (and it will), all those things will disappear quick. Optics, maybe to a point depending on type. Rails, grips, stocks, slings, lights.... those will stick around for a while. Don't worry about tricking anything out yet, make this milestone event work for you by setting yourself up for success (or at least, less pain) later.

Or failing that, if you're not sure exactly which direction you want to go up top, at least buy a second lower, given that's the actual "gun" part of the rifle.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    SBR and can gets my vote. Or second 16" gun with a 1-8x optic. And while I'm spending your money, make it a KAC.

Feedback Score
    I would get a second 6920 and set it up identically to your original. Use the original for an HD rifle and train with the new one. Perhaps a new upper down the road if you find yourself needing to fill a gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Absolutely
    You have a GREAT 1st AR.

But, 2 is 1 and 1 is 0

Always good to have spare items that wear out also.
    Like, BCG's (HQ) and Barrels.

Maybe have a go at building one yourself?
    Finally did that. It was fun and I learned a few things along the way.
    And, you can take pride in knowing you put this one together.

my .02

*MY line in the sand has long been drawn.
    And in today's world... it's sobering to look what ground is left in front of it*
    ---------------------------------------
    But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; - Ephesians 5:3

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I got one then I figured why the heck shouldn't I get a couple more....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    SBR and can gets my vote. Or second 16" gun with a 1-8x optic. And while I'm spending your money, make it a KAC.
    This is almost exactly what i was going to say.
    The colt is a great do-all. Either go high end with KAC or an sbr (or check both boxes with 1 purchase).

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    If you're having difficulty justifying in yer head a second AR for yourself, get one for the wife or the grandkid you'll have some day.

I had fun with choosing one for the wife. The criteria was light weight. Pencil barrel mid-length. Light weight handguard, Trijicon RMR and a LaRue MBT. To take the snap out of this light weight I put a Lantac brake on it. Wife actually likes it...

@chatanoogaphil
    Nice!
    which barrel and rail is that?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    We are in the golden window for ammo and firearms purchases. I would want at least a 2nd and maybe a 3rd before the shit gets real again.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    We are in the golden window for ammo and firearms purchases. I would want at least a 2nd and maybe a 3rd before the shit gets real again.
    More true words have never been spoken... if you want one, now is the time. I didn’t need my second, but the third, fourth and fifth have a good fit. I love AR style rifles and it is nice to have choices.
    Owner of Carolina Laser Works
    https://carolinalaserworks.ecwid.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Two is one and one is none.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast