Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Do I Need A Second AR?

Feedback Score
    I would go for it. Being that the rifle only has 4k rounds it will be good to go for many more years as long as it is maintained properly. I would make sure to have some spare parts on hand if anything needs replaced.

If it was me I would branch out and buy something to fill a different role. If the 6920 is your HD, Training etc rifle maybe do an SPR or REECE rifle with a LPV to reach out a little farther at the range, or go the opposite direction and do an SBR. I try to make sure I fill a different role with every AR I have and once i do that I will be able to just buy for whatever reason

Feedback Score
    IF Money isn't an issue and as others have said, I'd go SBR (I'll add or a Pistol) & definitely a Suppressor!

Now FWIW: What (I REALLY Want) IS a POF REVOLUTION, Now You're into AR15 size and weight but throwing honest to goodness .308/7.62s!

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Do you need another? No. Should you have at least another lower put away? Probably. Personally, my plan is to have a rifle and pistol for everyone in the house and start branching out into specialized upper receivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    Yes. I have 2 midlengths and an AR pistol with an 11.5 as well as a 6920. If I can find one cheap enough, I may actualy pick up a HK416 upper and put it on another BCM lower that I form 1.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I agree with IG. Strike while the iron's hot. There are some great deals on ARs and ammo right now. If I were you, I'd pick up at least one more AR and as much ammo as I could before the supply dries up. I just picked up a bunch of Lake City 55gr FMJ XM193 on stripper clips in an ammo can for $0.26 / round. I wish I could've bought more at that price but my fun fund is running low. As soon as I can afford it, I'll be adding more ammo to the storage locker.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Whenever you need a second AR only depends on your personality and budget. If you like to play around and use different platforms then probably not. Try an AK (even in 5.56), Valmet, SCAR, Tavor, FN FAL, Sig, etc. Maybe even something in 308 like SCAR-17.

If you decided that you like... no, not like... absolutely love an AR then you pretty much have two choices:
    - a standard AR similar to what you already have: an SBR, or DMR, RECCE, MK12, same 6920, or else. You'll get a different format and looks, but rifle is going to be pretty much the same in terms of function.
    - AR-like platform where a rifle it looks and acts like an AR, but some parts won't be interchangeable with your 6920: this includes KAC SR-15, LMT/LWRC piston, H&K, and etc.

^ Both options are good in my view and depends on your preferences.

How expensive the rifle is (KAC, Noveske, LMT) vs Colt, S&W, Aero, BCM is totally dependent on your budget and preferences.

If you love an AR, but don't have a budget here is my take on it: just get a stripped or completed lower and buy other parts opportunistically on sale. If you don't have experience and/or tools, I would stay away from building uppers for sure. Pro tools are just a waste of money if you're not building ARs professionally or modifying your ARs often (which you probably shouldn't do anyway), lower grade tools are just a waste of money period.

I would also load up on more regular USGI type mags now before getting into another complete rifle for $1k or more.
    I also agree with what others suggested: depending on your needs/priorities looking into things like: a good RDS, Optics, light, ammo, etc.

Good luck. Let us know you decide on. I'd be interested to know.
    Last edited by alx01; 01-16-18 at 11:02.

Feedback Score
    You definitely need more than one AR (2 is one, & 1 is none, & all that). I would suggest perhaps getting yourself an A4(ish) type rifle to go with your M4(ish) type carbine. Or better still - Why stop at only two? Perhaps this will help to give you some inspiration?...

,——'ฏฏ';=====ฑ—-
    !‚–’ฏฏƒนถ
    One is just never enough...

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I'd get another Colt set up the same way. Prices are great now. It's a good investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    DAM DAWG! You've GOT ALL the Bones. LOL

Hey MA2 NAVY Veteran,... Where are you, state?

Quote Originally Posted by MA2_Navy_Veteran View Post
    You definitely need more than one AR (2 is one, & 1 is none, & all that). I would suggest perhaps getting yourself an A4(ish) type rifle to go with your M4(ish) type carbine. Or better still - Why stop at only two? Perhaps this will help to give you some inspiration?...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RVTMaverick View Post
    DAM DAWG! You've GOT ALL the Bones. LOL
    Hey MA2 NAVY Veteran,... Where are you, state?
    Sorry - I thought that was already shown in my profile page - I'm in/from Florida, the gun-shine state.
    ,——'ฏฏ';=====ฑ—-
    !‚–’ฏฏƒนถ
    One is just never enough...

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast