Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you trust your LIFE to this? (Bar-Sto barrel complaint)

Feedback Score

Would you trust your LIFE to this? (Bar-Sto barrel complaint)

I purchased an in-stock Glock barrel for $270 including shipping from Bar Sto Precision. This is what I received :

How did this go out the door in the first place? Bar-Sto authorized a pre-paid return and asked me to make sure I include all my contact information. Here’s where it gets bad.

After a week of no contact, I call them to make sure they received the return. Woman says she can’t find anything on it, but she will ask another employee when he gets in and call me back.

A few minutes later ding-dong, it’s the mailman at my door. It’s the barrel with paperwork saying it was repaired.

I call them back. Before I can say anything, the woman says they are still looking for my order information. No need I just received it back in the mail. But, there’s a problem with the “repair” job. It looks like a shade-tree mechanic took a dremel to it. These photos are the “repaired” $270 brand new custom “precision” barrel.

Guy gets on the phone and starts yapping. “With whom am I speaking”, I say. It’s the owner, Irv. Long story short, I am not happy and ask for a refund. “Absolutely not”, says Irv.

After 5 minutes of him verbally abusing me and calling me names because I promised to share this wonderful experience with y’all, he says he’ll take it back, but I must pay his merchant credit card fees, etc.

No thanks. Filed a claim with AMEX, we’ll see what happens. If they don’t take it back, I don’t feel safe using it in a firearm even just for range use.

Close up or far away the photos tell the story and you can ignore the he said she said part of the story.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Must have been made on Tuesday 01/02/2018! LOL

Sorry for laughing, I know it sucks to get a piece of junk that you just paid good money for. Good luck with the AMEX claim.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    For that kinda money, it should be covered and is pretty unacceptable.

There are barrel companies that cover less for cheaper.

The fact that it went out the door in the first place is alarming, but you did the right thing about contesting the charge at that point.

Sorry to see it, hopefully it works out well for you.

No, I would not trust it either. Nor would I be satisfied that my dollar was giving me the best bang for my buck.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm a fan of LWD barrels. Never had a problem with them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    KKM got a better quality control and customer service.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd be teetotaling pissed too. Totally unacceptable. If people cant stand by their work then they don't deserve to receive any.

Especially dude name calling you.

These people arent doing favors. They are being paid for their work which they should stand by.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Who would have thought that when they said their barrels need to be fitted that they need final machine work done, too?

I'd always heard good things about their barrels. Haven't bought any because I don't want to do any fitting on them. After this, I'm not sure I'd ever buy one, unless it was through someone like Jason Burton for a $5000 hand-made, one-off custom 1911.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That round cut out is just there for the guide rod to ride in on reassembly. When the gun locks up the rod slides down and rides on the flat.

I would not accept the sloppy machine work either and I'd have done the same thing you did.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Yeah that is a terrible experience. Sorry OP. Looks like you will b buying your aftermarket barrels elsewhere from now on.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For 270$ and being that bad I would not even accept an exchange only a refund.

Thank you for posting this, I will never buy a barrel made by them, that quality assurance is atrocious.

For 270$ a glock barrel better be better the perfect.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast