Thread: Rmr sight in distance

Feedback Score

Rmr sight in distance

Based on what i read, 25yd should be good.
    However, i sighted (g19)in with 115gr, and iat 50yd, it was 7-8” high with 147gr.
    Does this make sense?

What distance do you sight in at and what does the poi look like at various distances?
    I’ll be revisiting in a couple weeks, but wanted some input before i start burning ammo trying to re-invent the wheel.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Most CO shooters that I know sight at between 18 and 25. It indeed would impact high at 50, especially with a heavier ammo. I sight at 25 using 3x5 card, I still hit 6 inch shoot and see target at 50. 115 grain ammo.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Steve Fisher recommended a 10 yard zero, and I kinda fought with it, but after going back and forth on some other methods, I have come to agree that 10 yards is the best way to go.
    Once you are centered at 10, run the target back to 25, 50, and 100 to confirm.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Mines dead on @ 10 and about 6” high at 50 with 124

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    So i carry 147gr and practice with 115. At 25 with the irons the difference was negligible. Sounds like i need to sight in and practice with 147 for a while. Id like to keep the trajectory within an inch for as far as possible.

Thanks for input so far.

Feedback Score

Rmr sight in distance

With my RM06 zeroed at 25 yards, 124 gr GDs are dead on at 50 and about 3” low at 75 (within the MOA of the dot), and around 11” low at 100.

Rationale: 50 yards is the maximum I’d expect to use it, POI will remain within the dot 3.25 dot out to 75...and 25 yards is what’s available at the range.

Last edited by shiv; 02-01-18 at 21:39.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I went with Jedi and Fisher’s opinion and used the 10yard zero on both mine. Zero with what you carry though. Dont zero with 115 and then carry 147. I zero with GD 124gr +P and practice with either speer lawman 124gr or cheap 115 gr if I’m only doing 3-5 yards.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Federal has a decent ballistic calculator for pistol stuff:
    https://www.federalpremium.com/ballistics_calculator/
    My working number for LOS over bore is 1" for dots on slides.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow93 View Post
    I went with Jedi and Fisher’s opinion and used the 10yard zero on both mine. Zero with what you carry though. Dont zero with 115 and then carry 147. I zero with GD 124gr +P and practice with either speer lawman 124gr or cheap 115 gr if I’m only doing 3-5 yards.
    Speer Lawman 115 gr is a better ballistic match for Speer Gold Dot 124 gr +P than the Lawman 124 gr.

Also, talking to Fisher last night, he was not the biggest fan of the 10 yard zero. Rather, he advocated for simply figuring out your application and basing your zero off of that (and also knowing your holds for differing distances for each zero on each gun with each ammo, since, as he put it, "All guns have a point of intersection. Who cares. It's not zero." ); AFAIK, Fisher typically zeroes at 25 yards, though I'm not sure if that also means he's going for POA/POI matching at 25 yards, though I also think that's true, simply based off of the fact that so many drills are based at 25 yards. I've seen him disparage Jedlinski's 10 yard zero more than once, somewhat tongue in cheek, generally, but with some elements of truth to it, too; the 10 yard zero may work well for Jedlinski's intended purposes and skill, but how well does it work for your purposes?

FWIW, I personally zero at 25 yards, for POA/POI there.

Ultimately, I think the biggest issue is one of semantics; the distance you zero at is not necessarily the same distance you zero for. Basically, pick a POA/POI point, zero, and then confirm at further distances, as Failure2Stop has already said. Zeroing for 10 yards is perfectly fine; zeroing at 10 yards and not confirming further distances is dumb.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 02-02-18 at 15:03.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Speer Lawman 115 gr is a better ballistic match for Speer Gold Dot 124 gr +P than the Lawman 124 gr.

Also, talking to Fisher last night, he was not the biggest fan of the 10 yard zero. Rather, he advocated for simply figuring out your application and basing your zero off of that (and also knowing your holds for differing distances for each zero on each gun with each ammo, since, as he put it, "All guns have a point of intersection. Who cares. It's not zero." ); AFAIK, Fisher typically zeroes at 25 yards. I've seen him disparage Jedlinski's 10 yard zero more than once, somewhat tongue in cheek, generally, but with some elements of truth to it, too; the 10 yard zero may work well for Jedlinski's intended purposes and skill, but how well does it work for your purposes?

FWIW, I personally zero at 25 yards.
    147gr Fed HST 9mm
    0 yds -1.0in
    10 0.0
    20 0.6
    30 0.9
    40 0.8
    50 0.4
    60 -0.5
    70 -1.7
    80 -3.4
    90 -5.4