Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Would you trust your LIFE to this? (Bar-Sto barrel complaint)

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I consider an aftermarket barrel to be a precision machined part. The OP's pics do not show a precision machined part IMO.

Feedback Score
    When I pay a premium I expect premium function and service. Also, expecting perfection 100% of the time will leave you disappointed whether it be with guns, people, cops etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .XL View Post
    KKM got a better quality control and customer service.
    I bought one of their 40-9mm conversion barrels and the quality was quite good!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee1000 View Post
    When I pay a premium I expect premium function and service. Also, expecting perfection 100% of the time will leave you disappointed whether it be with guns, people, cops etc.
    Slackers and con artists ranging from manufacturers to politicians appreciate the latter. It really takes the pressure off of them and gives them an advantage over their betters.

Deburring adds time and money to machining operations so I am sure companies would love getting consumers to take care of this step without lowering prices accordingly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB1 View Post
    Slackers and con artists ranging from manufacturers to politicians appreciate the latter. It really takes the pressure off of them and gives them an advantage over their betters.

Deburring adds time and money to machining operations so I am sure companies would love getting consumers to take care of this step without lowering prices accordingly.
    I agree and found this my Kahr PM9, many internal burrs. I also find a lot people bitching about nothing or something significant that is statistically insignificant and then they go on the internet and try to ruin a company's reputation without addressing it with the manufacturer first. My statement here isn't address the OPs thread, just a general observation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    maybe a stray weld bead? or expensive baby rattle
    Expensive baby rattle.
    Since it's a monocore, only two parts, and no welds. The core, titanium, and a sleeve tube, which I believe was steel, which slipped over the core and threaded to keep it in place. The rear is threaded for an adapter, different ones for different applications.
    Anyway, barrel threads were not parallel to the bore, so it drifted off center at an angle, distance off center increasing as it went.
    Bullets fired had gone tearing down through about the last third/half of the core, leaving some copper shards and pieces of broken core in it.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've used these barrels for years and never had a bad one. They used to be "the" 1911 barrel of choice by almost all custom smiths couple decades ago. I have them on two Sig 9mm that I shoot the crap out of and with the exception of the conversion 40 to 9mm barrel being a little finicky with reloads, tight chamber, there are no problems with them. I am surprised that Irv would treat anyone like that without reason. Guess bad days happen to anyone, I don't understand why he didn't just give you a total refund. Weird. Good luck with your claim to AMEX.

Ed
    Last edited by ejr490; 01-20-18 at 18:12.

Feedback Score
    I would be shocked for $270 (the gun costs $500 and somehow Glock OEM barrels find time to not look like that? Maybe they’re not serious duty weapons).

Precision means executed well at $270 add $30 and polish the barrel.

If they can’t afford the machine time to clean it up for that price can they afford to cut the rifling correctly? What does the chamber look like? Or muzzle crown?

I’d not shoot it because if it left the factory looking bad then I doubt they’ll execute well on fixing it.

That’s just my opinion. I had a defect on an Arsenal SGL21; that Arsenal eventually remedied. I didn’t want to start shooting it until it was repaired because they might pull something about the gun being used. They almost voided my warranty for putting a different grip on the gun. I had to restore it to factory condition to be repaired.

God Bless,

Brandon

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'd be pissed. I don't care if "it works just fine" or not. If I pay a premium for a product, I want a premium product in every facet. Half-assed machining marks are just that, half assed and indicative of their attitude. This is not the same as a $600 Colt with minor finish blemishes, this is a barrel that costs half of what the gun is worth with lazy/shody machining.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 01-21-18 at 16:51.

Feedback Score
    11 pages of this nonsense and we still haven't seen the OP write about fitting the barrel or shooting it.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast