Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Would you trust your LIFE to this? (Bar-Sto barrel complaint)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    11 pages of this nonsense and we still haven't seen the OP write about fitting the barrel or shooting it.
    Shhh, don't bring that logic in here...
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    11 pages of this nonsense and we still haven't seen the OP write about fitting the barrel or shooting it.
    As been previously stated, per Bar-Sto’s policy they will not accept a return for a fired barrel.
    Last edited by Striker6; 01-21-18 at 19:54.
    RLTW
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

Feedback Score
    Help me out, as I am not versed in the finer details of custom fit parts. I'm not trying to be smart, I just really don't get it.

If the OP is supposes to fit the barrel to his gun before he complains, and fitting the barrel to the gun voids the warranty, what recourse does a consumer have if the part doesn't work/function/fit etc?
    If you can't complain and return it before you fit it...and you can't return it after you fit it... doesn't that seem like a conundrum in the making?
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Twelve pages, all I got to say is:

'Bar-Sto Precision makes hoss accurate barrels, not show ponies.'

Feedback Score

Received Full Refund

A refund check from Bar-Sto for the full amount arrived in the mail today. Other than the refund invoice there was no correspondence or label regarding return of the barrel, so I am returning at my expense. I also cancelled the AMEX dispute.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well despite a slight snag you got a refund.

Bar Sto "made it right". Maybe you just had a rough go. They still have a good rep.

I agree it could have been a cleaner fit but still....would not dissuade me from getting a barrel from them

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’m glad you got your closure. What are your plans moving forward, KKM, stock, other?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’m glad you got your closure. What are your plans moving forward, KKM, stock, other?
    But would you trust your LIFE to a KKM barrel?!

I wonder if that barrel will be fit and fired...

But what if there's no accuracy gain from the KKM over a standard barrel?! WHO DOES HE TURN TO THEN?!?! He already burned the bridge with THE precision pistol barrel manufacturer!

This whole thread has me re-examining a great many closely held beliefs...
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 01-23-18 at 04:36. Reason: edit: trusting my LIFE

Feedback Score
    This was my second Bar-Sto barrel. The first, purchased for another Glock, dropped in and required no fitting. Fit and finish were much better, but not a show pony (Ha!). I perceived a definite improvement in grouping, no scientific test. So first barrel was a positive experience. For now, I am just going to use the stock barrel for the Glock I tried to purchase this most recent barrel for.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by almor54 View Post
    I perceived a definite improvement in grouping, no scientific test.
    It's super easy to measure accuracy.

Shoot at NRA B8 targets at 25 yards. 10 rounds. If your round impacted within the 7 ring, that's 7 points. 8 ring equals 8 points, etc. Try to score a 90 or above. You got the fancy barrels.

Here's a target from 10-8 Performance which is the same diameter you can print up. The center circle is 10 points.

http://10-8forums.com/targets/10-8bullseye.pdf
    Last edited by hopetonbrown; 01-29-18 at 01:49.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast