Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you trust your LIFE to this? (Bar-Sto barrel complaint)

Feedback Score
    That is an objective view of the quality of that part.

I see no groups shot by the OPs barrel, no pics of the barrel (hand!) fitted to his weapon. I see no discussion of if the barrel delivers the accuracy that is on offer from the BarSto name.

I have bought French made copper cookware that is 2mm of beautiful copper with hand tinned lining. I paid far less than what you would from Mauviel or Ruffino or whomever. I was cleaning one of them when I first started to acquire them (my collection has grown quite large), and I cut my finger on the rim of one of the pots. The rim was largely unfinished, and the edge was extremely sharp, holding a near perfect 90 degree shelf of metal that would and did slice easily through a wet finger. Such a thing is not encountered when dealing with the above named makers, but their products cost five times as much... I pulled out my files and rounded the edge, finishing it with some steel wool to a polish. The result is a very handsome and toothsome edge that looks good, feels good, and won't cut my finger. At no point did I buy these pans to look a certain way, or to not cut my fingers. I bought them to give me the most precise control over my cooking environment possible in order to turn out the best food from my kitchen that I could manage. They take all of the variables out of the equation: the only thing left is me.

You are either a seeker, who wants to push yourself and find knowledge at any cost, or you get hung up on a minor detail of a hand-fit part that can be solved with a single pass of a file--which file you already have in your hand in order to hand-fit said part!--and then get on to the actual goal at hand: shooting.

If this barrel has failed to deliver (ie it won't fit, or the groups are terrible), then I have ears for this series of complaints. As is, the OP bought a product expecting it to be pristine and perfect to his imaginary standards, received something with a minor manufacturing flaw that would take all of 30 seconds to clean off on a part that is ADVERTISED as requiring hand tools to fit, refused to mount the barrel, god forbid shoot it, much less post groups that indicate that the barrel had failed in it's main purpose: accuracy. Frankly, it is no surprise that BarSto was not exactly happy getting an angry man on the phone complaining of something so minor, and who had yet to even MOUNT THE BARREL. Go get a file or some steel wool and GROW. UP.
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 01-18-18 at 16:41.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    That is an objective view of the quality of that part.

I see no groups shot by the OPs barrel, no pics of the barrel (hand!) fitted to his weapon. I see no discussion of if the barrel delivers the accuracy that is on offer from the BarSto name.

I have bought French made copper cookware that is 2mm of beautiful copper with hand tinned lining. I paid far less than what you would from Mauviel or Ruffino or whomever. I was cleaning one of them when I first started to acquire them (my collection has grown quite large), and I cut my finger on the rim of one of the pots. The rim was largely unfinished, and the edge was extremely sharp, holding a near perfect 90 degree shelf of metal that would and did slice easily through a wet finger. Such a thing is not encountered when dealing with the above named makers, but their products cost five times as much... I pulled out my files and rounded the edge, finishing it with some steel wool to a polish. The result is a very handsome and toothsome edge that looks good, feels good, and won't cut my finger. At no point did I buy these pans to look a certain way, or to not cut my fingers. I bought them to give me the most precise control over my cooking environment possible in order to turn out the best food from my kitchen that I could manage. They take all of the variables out of the equation: the only thing left is me.

You are either a seeker, who wants to push yourself and find knowledge at any cost, or you get hung up on a minor detail of a hand-fit part that can be solved with a single pass of a file--which file you already have in your hand in order to hand-fit said part!--and then get on to the actual goal at hand: shooting.

If this barrel has failed to deliver (ie it won't fit, or the groups are terrible), then I have ears for this series of complaints. As is, the OP bought a product expecting it to be pristine and perfect to his imaginary standards, received something with a minor manufacturing flaw that would take all of 30 seconds to clean off on a part that is ADVERTISED as requiring hand tools to fit, refused to mount the barrel, god forbid shoot it, much less post groups that indicate that the barrel had failed in it's main purpose: accuracy. Go get a file or some steel wool and GROW. UP.
    Unfortunately, the OP did pay the premium price for the premium barrel. He didn't buy the $100 barrel, he bought the $270 one, therefore your analogy doesn't work. That kind of sloppiness is unacceptable for that price, not to mention the rudeness he was subject to when he expressed his dissatisfaction to the owner.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Unfortunately, the OP did pay the premium price for the premium barrel. He didn't buy the $100 barrel, he bought the $270 one, therefore your analogy doesn't work. That kind of sloppiness is unacceptable for that price, not to mention the rudeness he was subject to when he expressed his dissatisfaction to the owner.
    Link me to a Match Fit Glock barrel from BarSto that is $100, please. I'll buy five of them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    Link me to a Match Fit Glock barrel from BarSto that is $100, please. I'll buy five of them.
    Exactly! And for that price, you wouldn't complain about poor finishing. But at $270?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Exactly! And for that price, you wouldn't complain about poor finishing. But at $270?
    No because in the world of quality where performance is the only metric used to validate a product 270$ is a pultry pittance.

If people actually strive to be shooters such costs are inconsequential relative to costs associated with ammo consumption.

Most folks don’t shoot enough to burn out a factory barrel let alone shoot to a level of proficiency necessitating a hard fit match barrel.

Because once you do the only metric you care about is performance. See how that works ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    If you could post pictures of your x5 barrel, that would be awesome. I've been eyeing an x5 for a long time and I'm just really curious. Thanks.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wow, that really is surprising. Thanks for posting it.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Has no negative effects on function at all. Rest of the pistol looks like a Swiss watch inside. The barrel clearly started out oversized and had to be fitted at the front of the barrel hood, and the camming surfaces.

Shoots very well. Easily the most accurate .40 S&W I’ve ever fired.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast