Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: RMR regret?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Thanks for all the responses!

What distances is everyone finding works best? I was thinking 25 yards would work for most situations.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Love the RMR on my M&P. As other have said I did have a hard time initially with finding the dot but that soon went away with dry fire practice. My only complaint is that I may or may or may not have a faulty unit. I had the dot flicker which I seemed to have fixed but it did kill the first battery rather quickly.

I ran it at a couple of one day classes and st a Costa 3 day carbine class and now I don't know if I can be without it.

I had my boss try it and he hated it. So I suppose it's user dependent.
    I have read so much about how the red dot helps as a training aid for proper sight alignment and trigger control.

Feedback Score
    I adjust the red dot as small as I can and use the night sight insert to center it in for my dry fire time. It is fantastic, and really forces me to work hard on DA to keep the red dot inside the insert.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Well, it showed back up today! Did some dry fire on lunch today....have to say I'm really impressed so far!

It really let's you know your grip is off....going to ha e to get better for sure. I'm not fishing as much as I thought I would be. I would say I have dot ready to go 70% of the time.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    I prefer the DPP over the RMR by a huge margin. In fact, I like the DPP so much that I have one on my rifle.
    I prefer the DPP over the RMR as well, what is that mount on your rifle?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My situation is just like Militarymoron's. Went to P80 frame as well. Suppressor height sights, front tritium, back black. Love my RMR, have not had presentation issues with the new frame.
    20180319_180746.jpg

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    I fall into that category of inconsistent presentation (not practicing enough presentations). I've had an RMR on a G17 for at least 5 years, and have not shot it enough to get faster with the RMR at close range than I am with irons. Recently, I've been shooting it a lot more, and this is what I've found that has helped me improve my dot acquisition:

1. Switching out my Glock frame to a Polymer80 frame. The stock Glock frame requires me angle my hand down slightly (ulnar flexion) otherwise the dot (and front sight) is high. The Polymer80 grip angle is much closer to my neutral/natural grip angle, requiring less ulnar flexion, so the dot (and sights) are aligned more closely with less wrist flex. I believe that the closer the grip angle is to your neutral grip, the more naturally the dot will be visible in the window.

2. Practicing acquiring the dot in complete darkness. To get away from using the front sights to find the dot, after doing some reps with the light on, I've started to repeat the presentations with the lights off, so that I'm only using muscle memory to press the pistol out and acquire the dot. It helps me be more aware of the angle of my support hand and how it feels, and whether it's pushing the dot to the left or right. Ideally, with a RDS, you focus on the target, present, and the dot should be super-imposed on the target, without ever switching focus to the pistol sights then back to the target. Practicing in the dark is similar to looking at a target, closing your eyes, making the presentation, and seeing if your sights are on target.

3. Shooting at a blank piece of white paper at the range (not a target). This is to help me observe what the dot is doing during and after recoil. Instead of focusing on a target, I just put the dot on a white sheet of paper and fire strings, each time seeing whether the dot ends up close to where it was before, or off. This helps me figure out how what I need to do with my grip, to help the dot return within view of the window, after each shot.

YMMV of course.

To the OP's original question - no regrets going with an adjustable dot RMR. No issues except once when one of the mounting screws loosened and I was wondering why my zero was all over. I now put silver sharpie witness marks on both screws as a quick visual check (besides co-witness with the irons).
    Going to take your advice on practicing in a darker room.

Also I do notice the same grip/angle issue.

I may end up trying a p80 as well.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    My situation is just like Militarymoron's. Went to P80 frame as well. Suppressor height sights, front tritium, back black. Love my RMR, have not had presentation issues with the new frame.
    20180319_180746.jpg
    Ya. Probably wait for a sale and grab on of the p80s to try out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHunter View Post
    No regrets.

I appear to be the only one whose had great results with the Deltapoint.
    I have also been happy with my Deltapoint with the 7.5 MOA triangle. I have it mounted on my G17 MOS and I like it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retired Army Infantry

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny256 View Post
    Thanks for all the responses!

What distances is everyone finding works best? I was thinking 25 yards would work for most situations.

I realize this is late, but:

http://arma-dynamics.com/assets/rmr-10yd-mod2.pdf

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast