Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rocksett for supressed and non-suppressed muzzle device installation

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    No doubt.

Was workiing on an upper today where red Loctite was used to secure the silencerco ASR suppressor mount brake to the barrel.

It was on there really good cold, but 10 seconds with the MAPP gas torch softened it right up and it came of with minimal torque after that.

That wouldn't have held up very well for heavy use.
    Exactly. For a precision bolt gun it should be fine. But the first thing most folks wanna do once they get their can, in my experience, is sling a little bit of lead. Having literally 30 rounds soften the loctite to the point of unthreading and a baffle strike is just not worth it for me. Especially with this price on Rocksett. I paid more than $15 shipped for two little single-use packages of rocksett from AAC.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    No doubt.

Was workiing on an upper today where red Loctite was used to secure the silencerco ASR suppressor mount brake to the barrel.

It was on there really good cold, but 10 seconds with the MAPP gas torch softened it right up and it came of with minimal torque after that.

That wouldn't have held up very well for heavy use.
    Exactly. You move past the break torque pretty quick....and the prevail torque temp is not much past that.

Red Loctite is a great way to shoot your can off your gun or get a baffle strike. Only reason I would consider it would be on a direct-thread can that has ALSO been torqued properly.

10 seconds with the MAPP torch and off she comes when needed. I could see that being an option. But essentially only that scenario, within the context of centerfire rifle cans.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Outstanding find! Thanks, brother.

Feedback Score
    Brownells has it, too, about $15, if I remember right.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234