Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksett for supressed and non-suppressed muzzle device installation

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up Rocksett for supressed and non-suppressed muzzle device installation

Being a huge fan of Rocksett by Flexbar for attaching muzzle devices, I found this on eBay:

4oz for ~$20 shipped
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Temper...AAAOSwofxUmEn2

2oz for ~$15 shipped
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Temper...wAAOSwiCRUmEcA

Cheapest source on the web that I can currently find.

Both being more than one could need aside from a gunshop (a little goes a fantastically long way). But Rocksett does get gelatinous (and, therefore, useless) with if exposed to air, so keep the bottle vertical and the cap on. Still, no more small bottles from various big box online retailers with $15 shipping.

My 2oz container arrived yesterday and the invoice indicated it is indeed direct from Flexbar, the actual company. Very nice. Already installed my AR10 ASR trifecta flash hider with it. As always, fully degrease and clean with rubbing alcohol prior to install for all surfaces. Let set for at least 12 hours (I prefer 24) and you're off to the races.

Also, note that when anaerobic threadlockers are used on precision threads (with very little play and, thus, air), they begin to fixture QUICKLY. I learned this last night while installing my Mega/ZEV wedgelock AR10 keymod rail.

More on that build in the appropriate section, at a later date.

EDIT: Also found here, thanks to Kwelz

https://www.amazon.com/Flexbar-15015...ywords=rockset

https://www.amazon.com/Flexbar-15014...ywords=rockset
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 01-31-18 at 16:51.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Pappabear bought us a few monster bottles of Rockset. No sure the brand. But yeah... the blister packs suck. They're no good when you go to use them after a few months.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Thanks for posting. I have a couple that need doing.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Pappabear bought us a few monster bottles of Rockset. No sure the brand. But yeah... the blister packs suck. They're no good when you go to use them after a few months.
    I just experienced not one, not two, but THREE blister packs which had turned to jelly. They weren't even that old, either. Flexbar owns the rights to the name, so if it says Rocksett, they made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Thanks for posting. I have a couple that need doing.
    Np. It's half the price of anywhere else I can find on the internet. Glad to share.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I've got a big bottle for about a year and a half and it is holding up fine. I will probably never use it all.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Would it help to keep this product in the freezer like I keep Krazy Glue? Just wondering, thanks.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    Would it help to keep this product in the freezer like I keep Krazy Glue? Just wondering, thanks.

I honestly don't know either way. I would lean toward "no freezer" due to the very high relative humidity inside, but I would defer to Flexbar's opinion. You'd have to call or email them.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post

No, would not be advisable. Excerpt below is from the MSDS

Storage:
    Store above 32oF and below 122oF, and ensure that the product can only be withdrawn for use by persons possessing a copy of this Materials Safety Sheet. Below 32oF the product will freeze, and if stored above 122oF for any length of time it may dry out. Both situations will impair the product's performance.

http://www.flexbar.com/PDF/MSDS%20ROCKSETT.pdf
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hk_shootr View Post
    No, would not be advisable. Excerpt below is from the MSDS

Storage:
    Store above 32oF and below 122oF, and ensure that the product can only be withdrawn for use by persons possessing a copy of this Materials Safety Sheet. Below 32oF the product will freeze, and if stored above 122oF for any length of time it may dry out. Both situations will impair the product's performance.

http://www.flexbar.com/PDF/MSDS%20ROCKSETT.pdf
    Thanks for that information!

"It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    You’re quite welcome
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast