Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rocksett for supressed and non-suppressed muzzle device installation

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks BTJ! That's one hell of a deal at a great price. Just ordered and should have it by the 29th.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Thanks BTJ! That's one hell of a deal at a great price. Just ordered and should have it by the 29th.
    Yeah brother. Happy to help the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    In addition having spoken directly to the people at Flexbar after we had an issue, you can see degradation in as few as 6 months as I recall.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    80% of the time the small tube of Rocksett in the SF4P package is no good. Storing in an ISU90 outside doesn't help. Do have a large bottle inside the shop that still good after several years.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Thank you BTJ for the link. I do a lot of projects using CA (krazy glue) types of adhesives. I keep them in ziplock bag with some desectant. I have some CA that has stayed useable for several years. This is how I’m storing the Rocksett too. Haven't had the Rocksett long enough to see if it will last as long, but it seems the Rocksett suffers from the same issue, a change in chemistry account temperature and moisture.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Keep in mind, nearly every chemical has an MSDS sheet. Almost all are available with a search on the net.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What are you guys finding as an advantage of using Rocksett on muzzle devices over the various types of Loctite?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    It is very heat resistant (important especially when using a suppressor) but is not much stronger than Loctite 242 making it easy to remove by hand.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you! Just ordered a bottle. I've been looking everywhere and nobody carries it locally.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    It is very heat resistant (important especially when using a suppressor) but is not much stronger than Loctite 242 making it easy to remove by hand.
    That sounds like the best of both worlds. Are you guys using it on any other assemblies such as gas blocks (high heat) or receiver extensions (no heat)? Even for assemblies that don't see heat it sounds like its resistance to chemicals, oils, solvents would make it a good for such assemblies.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast