Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mounting an ACOG on Colt AR15A4

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    You should be able to use the bolt and washer setup you posted about to attach an ACOG to your carry handle. Depending on the ACOG you’re using the BDC might not work exactly right because some ACOGs were designed to be mounted that high and others were designed to mount on the receiver. BDCs are so variable dependent that they never work out exactly anyway. Just shoot the ranges and figure out what it does for you. Some ACOGs are more generous in their eye relief than others; you may find that it sits too far forward, in which case you can drill a new mounting hole further back in the handle.

The AR15A4 is prob my favorite. For a while mine had an ACOG on the rail but now it’s back to carry handle. While mounting anything above a carry handle is sub-optimal, there are plenty of dead bad guys resulting from optics that high, including ACOGs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Um, and that it’s 4x fixed?

There is so much fuddassery going on in this thread it makes me want to partake in the tide pod challenge and hope I lose.
    While I did initially forget we were talking ACOGs, the rest was humor - "sight", "objective". Get it?
    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Paladinius; 01-19-18 at 09:14.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Two options....

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Two options....

I think this about sums it up. And years later I still think the fixed carry handle with acog is kinda cool.
    Last edited by flenna; 01-20-18 at 07:33.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123