Thread: Mourning the loss of my 6378USN ALS Holster - G19 w/RMR and TRL-1HL Holster Help!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Mourning the loss of my 6378USN ALS Holster - G19 w/RMR and TRL-1HL Holster Help!

**Mods- I did some forum searching prior to posting and saw most posts here in the semi thread. Please let me know if you want me to move it to Tactical Gear. **

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of getting my Glock 19 slide cut for a Trijicon RMR. I also have a TRL-1HL WML. Prior to the RMR, when I just had the TRL-1HL, I used a Safariland 6378USN ALS holster with an RTI Optimal mount on my G-Code war belt. This is their cordura covered holster with the ALS retention system. If you aren't familiar with the ALS (Automatic Locking System), it is basically a small thumb actuated lever that releases the pistol. The holster is phenomenal in my opinion. I've trained with it a lot. I've developed muscle memory around it. I have it set up at a perfect cant, my draw stroke is smooth and consistent. The holster doesn't make a lot of noise since it's wrapped in cordura, and just as a solid, sturdy feel about it. It is just awesome.

Here is my problem: I cannot find that exact configuration that will work with my RMR'd Glock. The closest option is the 6390 RDS-832-551, which is the hard plastic or whatever they make them out of, plus it is easily twice what I paid for my 6378USN. I would prefer not to retrain on a different retention system, but if I have to, I will. Also I guess if I have to fork over $170 bucks for a plastic holster, I'll do that.

But before I do that and really not be very content, I thought I'd throw my line in the lake and see if anyone has a similarly configured G19 running on a war belt and what holster is being used. I'm focused at this moment on getting the correct holster on my battle belt, after that I will tackle the correct CC holster for it.

So anyone out there with a G19 RMR/TRL-1HL? Bueller? Bueller? Buuuuuuuuuueller?

Or have a buddy with a holster you liked - or just an idea of a good holster for my Glock as configured?

Many gracias's

RTT
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 01-18-18 at 11:43.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    If im reading tou right, check out my similar thread, some of the replies may help. Basically all we have available is the 6354DO

Yes, it seems you need to pay an additional $80 just for the rmr cutout. My als was $40, the rmr als is $115

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...mr-holster-OWB
    Last edited by MegademiC; 01-18-18 at 12:15.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Try model 6390RDS-2832-131. It's $154 on Safariland's site so you could probably find it cheaper some place else.

ETA:
    $124.95 - https://holsterops.com/products/safa...d-ride-li-duty
    Last edited by officerX; 01-18-18 at 12:43.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    If im reading tou right, check out my similar thread, some of the replies may help. Basically all we have available is the 6354DO

Yes, it seems you need to pay an additional $80 just for the rmr cutout. My als was $40, the rmr als is $115

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...mr-holster-OWB
    Thanks Mega. I guess how I forum searched, I didn't grab your thread in my results.

As an update for you - Safariland now is introducing a new model. The "RDS" Model. For example, here is a part number: 6390 RDS-832-551 Here is the link: Safariland 6390 RDS

I know it's me being anal retentive, but I prefer the cordura on the shell. Its more quiet, it's whatever, it's just what I like. I did find the 6354 and I'm going to try and pick that up and if I had to do some Dremel mods for my suppressor sights, then I'll do that. Oh by the way, the holster that I provided the link for? $154 clams. Yeah. Expensive.

Thanks amigo for providing the link to your thread.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Thanks Mega. I guess how I forum searched, I didn't grab your thread in my results.

As an update for you - Safariland now is introducing a new model. The "RDS" Model. For example, here is a part number: 6390 RDS-832-551 Here is the link: Safariland 6390 RDS

I know it's me being anal retentive, but I prefer the cordura on the shell. Its more quiet, it's whatever, it's just what I like. I did find the 6354 and I'm going to try and pick that up and if I had to do some Dremel mods for my suppressor sights, then I'll do that. Oh by the way, the holster that I provided the link for? $154 clams. Yeah. Expensive.

Thanks amigo for providing the link to your thread.
    I had a 6354DO for my 23 with RMR and Insight APL. I sent it back, didn't like it. There was a lot of "slop" in the gun/holster fit. Now, the gun was securely held in the holster, it wasn't going to come out, but I just didn't like the slop.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Beware that the 6354DO may not fit your pistol if you have the optic in front of the rear sight, depending on when the holster was made. I (briefly) had one - didn't have any issues with my Ameriglo suppressor sights, but it wouldn't lock my pistol in due to my RDS being located too far forward on the slide. Returned it and got a 6384RDS instead. No Cordura, but I don't need to modify a perfectly good, expensive Safariland holster to get it to work.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Is there no way to mod your current holster?

Not sure due to ALS system you may have different luck but I only had to make very minor mods to a kydex non rmr holster to fit an RMR G17+light

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Short on time so haven’t read everything. I made easy mods to my 6354DO to work with my RMR behind irons slide and Unity ATOM slide. Don’t know how much I paid but it wasn’t $150. Holster Ops is the best place to order from IMO, and they may offer a discount code if you call to ensure fit. No experience yet with their new RDS line but Safariland’s Instagram has shown several images of it with Multicam codura so it’s coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Copquest has the 6354 DO with the Multicam overlay and QLS fork for $120.70 with free shipping. That’s one of the better prices I’ve seen. They have another package that includes the QLS receiver plate and mid-ride belt loop adapter for $154.70. I’ve had good experiences with them - bought two 6378USN holsters and a number of Safariland accessories from them.