Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KAC mod 2 gas system lengths

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

KAC mod 2 gas system lengths

Does anyone know what gas systems are used on SR-15 mod 2's and if they are proprietary, how long are they?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The whole system is proprietary. The gas block is locked in with a castle nut and the gas tube has a pneumatic style connector sort of thing.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I think the gas port is like 11.2" or 11.5" from the standing face of the receiver. Very similar to the intermediate length offered by other manufacturers.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Knights calls it “a proprietary mid-length gas system” but as others have stated, it’s more like a intermediate. Below is an excerpt from Knights Armament’s description. The link is at the bottom.

“The Knight’s SR-15 Mod 2 line represents the pinnacle of firearms based upon the Eugene Stoner designed operating system. The Mod 2 update introduces several notable features to the SR-15 IWS line. The chrome lined 5.56mm NATO barrel features a proprietary mid-length gas system that increases reliability and durability while also reducing felt recoil. The Mod 2 gas system minimizes the chances of gas leakage and ensures more consistent operation in harsh conditions. The new gas block is secured with a locking ring instead of taper pins, which increases barrel rigidity and eliminates the need to custom fit the gas block to the barrel.”

https://www.knightarmco.com/4685/sho...arbine-mod-2-2
    Last edited by hk_shootr; 01-18-18 at 18:48.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokie View Post
    Does anyone know what gas systems are used on SR-15 mod 2's and if they are proprietary, how long are they?
    Is there a particular reason that you ask?
    I might be able to help cut to the chase.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Want a pic rail on instead of Mlok or KM. I know there are clearance issue with the new gas blocks. I'd like to put a RIS II on it, but if the gas block sticks out or it just doesn't fit, I'll leave it as is probably.

Edit: I am wondering on a 14.5in. Will the RIS II cover the gas block?
    Last edited by Cokie; 01-20-18 at 17:49.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokie View Post
    Want a pic rail on instead of Mlok or KM. I know there are clearance issue with the new gas blocks. I'd like to put a RIS II on it, but if the gas block sticks out or it just doesn't fit, I'll leave it as is probably.
    You'd need to know the size of the top of the gas block where it bolts up and how much clearance the top rib/channel of the rail has to be to allow for the bolt-up gas system. If the rail you intend to use has the same or more generous internal dimensions than the URX4...you'd be good to go. I too have contemplated doing something similar in putting a 3.1 on an ACC and the same on the SR15 with a Mk1 Geissele rail.
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 01-20-18 at 18:03.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hk_shootr View Post
    Knights calls it “a proprietary mid-length gas system” but as others have stated, it’s more like a intermediate. Below is an excerpt from Knights Armament’s description. The link is at the bottom.

“The Knight’s SR-15 Mod 2 line represents the pinnacle of firearms based upon the Eugene Stoner designed operating system. The Mod 2 update introduces several notable features to the SR-15 IWS line. The chrome lined 5.56mm NATO barrel features a proprietary mid-length gas system that increases reliability and durability while also reducing felt recoil. The Mod 2 gas system minimizes the chances of gas leakage and ensures more consistent operation in harsh conditions. The new gas block is secured with a locking ring instead of taper pins, which increases barrel rigidity and eliminates the need to custom fit the gas block to the barrel.”

https://www.knightarmco.com/4685/sho...arbine-mod-2-2
    Isn't the gas tube connected with a Flare connection?
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    I too have contemplated doing something similar with an SR25 and the SR15 and a Mk1 Geissele rail.
    I didn't consider that, but that would be very interesting. Wasn't there a 13" Mk1? That on a 14.5 would be probably better than what I am thinking

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    Isn't the gas tube connected with a Flare connection?
    This is the Mod 2 system:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast