Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More political irony - Sotomayor

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

More political irony - Sotomayor

WASHINGTON - U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, a life-long diabetic, was treated by paramedics for low blood sugar at her home in Washington on Friday morning but was able to go to work afterward, a court spokeswoman said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pa...D=ansmsnnews11

The horror though at the concern of Trump being 1" too tall and 1lb over weight.

I can't -weight- to hear the late night losers pick up on this. Since she is visually obese I'm sure Aidy Bryant will emulate her on SNL.

Unless.... unless the "comics" only get their information from the "media" the way Obama did. In which case... if you don;t read that web page in the next 5 minutes you will never know it happened.

Either way.... by Liberal standards... she's not fit for office based on health concerns. Especially when Liberals consider the SCOTUS is superior to the POTUS rather than it's equal.
    Last edited by tb-av; 01-19-18 at 21:38.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Either way.... by Liberal standards... she's not fit for office based on health concerns. Especially when Liberals consider the SCOTUS is superior to the POTUS rather than it's equal.
    (in your best Trix cereal commercial announcer voice) "Silly centrist, standards are only for Rethugnicans!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ApTwWRQNw

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    ONE WARNING AND ONLY ONCE.

FEEL FREE TO START A THREAD, BUT DO NOT TROLL ANOTHER MEMBER INTO A FIGHT.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Hey, just delete/lock it.... I'm not sure what I did.... but the media went nuts over Trump being 1" too tall and we have two Liberal SCOTUS judges that are far from the epitome of health... I'm not trying to troll anyone.

In fact, I'm not even clear how I -would -troll anyone with this... but I'm sure it could be done... so yeah... just lock it up... sorry for the intrusion.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wait there's a such thing as "too tall"? :/

Anyways, I may not agree with Sotomayor on, well...anything but I've seen enough people go into DKA to know that it is no joke. And that it is nothing good to go through.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Well, I don't want to come across as someone insensitive to diabetics. My cousin was killed by a person that went into a diabetic coma and crossed the highway to a head on. My other cousin had to be released from the Navy for being diabetic and he was heavily invested in being a career Navy guy.

But the -current events- are now that Trump somehow needs to be the most healthy person on the planet when a -lot- of our elected officials look like walking death.

ETA:... and my main point... are we going to see the scrutiny into her health...

Had she been drinking the night before?

Is this -normal- for her?

Might it impact her reasoning?

Etc... IOW... what is the reality of this life long situation and her ability as a SCOTUS Justice.
    Last edited by tb-av; 01-19-18 at 21:44.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well you got a point but I chalk it up to the usual BS.

If people have meat they attack the idea, if they don't they attack the person.

Who remembers Strom Thurmond? He was clinically dead his last two years in office. Like literal Weekend at Bernies

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Who remembers Strom Thurmond?
    I'm still stuck on Robert "sheets" Byrd -- longest serving Senator. How many years did he wander around the insane asylum signing off on things he had no clue about.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Who remembers Strom Thurmond? He was clinically dead his last two years in office. Like literal Weekend at Bernies
    I remember him, and no I'm not surprised by that report.

Anyone heard of Sander Levin?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sander_Levin

He's still in office today. I saw him speak live, in person, for a small lawyers group back c. 2003. He was extremely senile and unable to speak in repeated coherent sentences back then, and he would have been only +/- 72 years old per the Wikipedia info. I was there with several colleagues and we all discussed, quietly, our collective shock at just how clearly incompetent this Congressman was. Did I mention that Levin is still in office today? That's the kind of people we have supposedly "representing" us.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I think I might has just "got" Sam's warning... I think he thought I was trolling Firefly.. maybe? If that is the case, nothing could be further from reality.

I have/had a couple judges in my family too... along with the two dead diabetics (both under 55) mentioned above. One of the judges got a DUI. Firefly often notes judges often have drinking problems... I agree. ... and as SomeOtherGuy notes too, look at who we have been represented by.

Now that's not always a bad thing. I don't care if a rep has or even needs a drink, takes whatever meds, but when we get to the double standards when we have had basically walking zombies that were praised, something is very wrong.

By 2018 and for certain 2020 non Dems and non Liberals need a #NoDoubleStandards movement.

I feel the recent attack on Trump's health is a good example and point of interest.

I would like to find some ray of light that allowed anyone that wished to defeat Dems a lane of unification as opposed to simply preaching to the choir for another refrain.

The Left is unifying for 2018 and 2020. The ANTIFA front did not work. The female front may.. if they develop it properly. Which isn't looking to shabby right now.

What are you bringing to the political fight in 2018-2020?

Well you got a point but I chalk it up to the usual BS.
    That's what troubles me. Too much BS on too regular a basis and people get used to it. I'm concerned people think they can create the Trump phenomenon again in 2020.

I wish non-Dem, non-Liberal were more vocal on a constant basis to double standards.

... but just to be clear, my mention of your screen name was one of respect by association. If it read otherwise my apology.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast