Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why not a modernized Hi-Power...???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    Why Lord, why can't someone make a revised hi-power with an Aluminum, Titanium, or Polymer frame, optional rail, and using Beretta 92 series mags?

Please Lord, I've been very good for some time now.

Thank you.

TED
    Well it has a polymer frame and a rail, negative on the 92 mags though.

https://fnamerica.com/products/pistols/fnx-9/

Last edited by Big A; 01-23-18 at 08:12.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've owned a FNX 9 and 40. No comparison to a Hi Power. David

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post

I hope somebody gets with the program and markets a decent, affordable clone BHP. The Charles Daly guns weren't too bad. The big dot sights were off-putting in 2006; 12 years later I think they're too small.
    The Daly's were made by FEG. No idea why they all have the extra meat on the backstrap and not sure if they made the FN counterfeit guns that way.

The copy made in Turkey that Canada imports looks promising.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did some looking online for the Turkish BHP (Tisas Zig 14). Apparently they are available in Canada; their version, appropriately enough, is called the "Canuck" and billboarded as such on the slide. Sort of a successor to the Inglis guns? Anyway, it looks decent and affordable as a spare shooter. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be coming into the US.

I would probably jump on one in preference to the battered Israeli ones that Cabelas has had at nosebleed prices.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Did some looking online for the Turkish BHP (Tisas Zig 14). Apparently they are available in Canada; their version, appropriately enough, is called the "Canuck" and billboarded as such on the slide. Sort of a successor to the Inglis guns? Anyway, it looks decent and affordable as a spare shooter. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be coming into the US.

I would probably jump on one in preference to the battered Israeli ones that Cabelas has had at nosebleed prices.
    They are available here in the USA now. A member on the 1911 Forum recently purchased one and posted on it there. Here's a link to the importer:
    http://www.lkcillc.com/products/9mm/

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    They are available here in the USA now. A member on the 1911 Forum recently purchased one and posted on it there. Here's a link to the importer:
    That SS model has my attention!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A modernized BHP to me would have a better grip tang/beavertail, more direct trigger linkage, no trigger disconnect and a more robust build capable of enduring +p ammo. In fact it exists as the CZ 75 SAO, not as narrow or svelte as the BHP but close. A CZ 75 compact converted to SAO would be very shootable. There are poly versions in the form of the P09.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    LKCI LLC, 5772 Bear Hollow Rd. SE, Newark, OH 43055; 740-763-0027. OTD price is apparently $454.55. Calling them is #1 on my to do list Monday morning.

Website does not work well.

Update 1/29/18. Called LKCI; the ceracoted (blue) models are OTD as above. They claim that they will have stainless models in stock in February @ $510.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 01-29-18 at 15:05.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    In 2 weeks I will be selling my Novak and my C&S custom Hi Powers.

Why you ask?

Because the CZ P09/07 is just that good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    In 2 weeks I will be selling my Novak and my C&S custom Hi Powers.

Why you ask?

Because the CZ P09/07 is just that good.
    I love my factory Silver Chrome Browning Hi Power which I bough new in 1994. However, when I discovered the CZ-75, and its variants, I never looked back. I am not a polymer guy so I own many of their steel, and alloy framed pistols.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast