Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why not a modernized Hi-Power...???

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    It is called P09 by CZ.

I love my Hi Powers carried one in harms way for years, own 3 of them. 2 of which are high end custom pistols.

Having said all that, my Cajun P07 is now my go to pistol. Just as accurate as the hand fitted custom barrel with a slide and frame lock up that sounds like a bank vault closing.

Besides my P07 can wear a RMR and has a single action pull that a Hi Power can never dream of having.

What holsters do you use for your P07 and P09? especially if you use OWB holsters. I'm using both IWB and OWB, but I'm not completely happy with the OWB. Looking for other options. Must be concealable, no duty or tactical or open carry rig.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just sent the FFL hard copy off to purchase one of the cerakoted Turkish High Powers from LKCI. Did some research on the Tisas firm; they are going gangbusters, CNC everything. I have looked over their 1911s and always been impressed. No reason the HP wouldn't be as good.

Don't "need" another HP but this looks pretty nice for the price point. I have a spare set of Spegels for it. The mag disconnect has to go, and a C&S safety is a must.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    I carry IWB and use a HTC CZ Spektre. I am looking for a good IWB that will allow carry with TLR1.

Feedback Score
    Shoot, just go back to making the already basically perfect as it is pistol.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    IMO if we change everything we dislike about the BHP it is something else, not a BHP. Not robust enough? Reinforce it but that will make it heavier. Trigger linkage is very indirect but would require an extensive redesign of the entire pistol. Lighter? Sure but it would be more delicate than it already is. My opinion is that the BHP is what it is, it works in it's own fashion and if one likes it then drive on. I like them and I've owned a few but like Glocks I just didn't like them enough.
    I have a CZ75 converted to SAO operation. It is robust and has an awesome trigger, it doesn't bite either. It is nearly everything I like about the BHP but corrected. And, it's about half the price..

Feedback Score
    Well, I know it's my eye and I'm beholding but a BHP is about the finest looking gun in existence, especially when treated to a few visually upgraded parts like Craig Spegel grips etc..
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^
    Agree!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The .40 with a 9mm conversion barrel was supposed to be able to handle large volume hot loads.

There may have been metallurgical/production advances that would have kept the size and allowed more shooting, but that would have increased the cost on an already expensive pistol which was using a cast frame that was stronger and a cost cutting measure at the same time.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Nevermind....
    Last edited by flenna; 02-07-18 at 17:36.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Convert a CZ P01 to SAO.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345