Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: owb holster for glock 17 with SF X300ub

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

owb holster for glock 17 with SF X300ub

i'm looking for an OWB gor a glock 17 with a SF x300ub.

wish list:
    im guessing duty/combat type
    i really don't need the thumb strap retention
    adjustable retention would be nice so when i use it for uspsa i can keep it loose, and when i need it for the run n guns (climbing over walls), i can kept it tight
    belt and molle attachment would be nice. are there any that are modular; i can throw a paddle attachment on, then molle when i needed
    i have seen some makers offer a low and mid rise, i'm thinking i would want it to ride a bit lower

what has brought this "need" up is i am doing a run n gun match in a few weeks. one of the stages is shooting in a cave. it'd be nice to just shoot with a WML instead of just relying on a head lamp. i have shot in night comps before, but they would allow you to bag the pistol instead of a holstering.

i typed it into google, and there are a lot of choices. i go to safari lands site and wholy shit they have a lot lol. i am hoping you guys can poin me towards some choices.

i could swear comptac and bladetech had these, but i'm not finding them on their sight for some reason.

Feedback Score
    Look at Safariland 7376, 7, 8, &9.

https://holsterops.com/products/7ts-...7377-7378-7379

Als is fast and secure, Id go with this.

I have the 6378 and run it with a paddle.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 01-20-18 at 07:38.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Is it me or do the Safariland holsters just keep getting uglier?

I love me some 6378 but that other one...
    Last edited by mack7.62; 01-20-18 at 07:51.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a 7ts for a 19 with light that is handy and does belt and PALS attachment. Only downside is that it is barely concealable counter to its marketing.

And yes they are nasty looking compared to a lot of other holsters.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Bravo concealment - no thumbreak or adjustable retention, but set retention is legit - it ain’t going anywhere.

Feedback Score
    I agree Bravo Concealment...They are my holster of choice these days.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Bravo concealment - no thumbreak or adjustable retention, but set retention is legit - it ain’t going anywhere.
    I have a friend who had a bravo concealment holster that we nice. But, I like many, when carrying OWB and not concealed or for duty I want retention that is more than just friction.

Personal experience has been that the Safariland ALS holsters are pretty nice. I keep looking to pick up one of the 7ts holsters for my Glocks. The only thing that has kept me away has been not having been able to get my hands on one to play with, and not knowing if, with the light, the bottom is a closed bottom or open bottom.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post

Personal experience has been that the Safariland ALS holsters are pretty nice. I keep looking to pick up one of the 7ts holsters for my Glocks. The only thing that has kept me away has been not having been able to get my hands on one to play with, and not knowing if, with the light, the bottom is a closed bottom or open bottom.
    How about semi closed for an answer, at least in the 19 + Surefire model.

The holster is for Surefire or TLR so with a TLR it is about 1/2" longer than it has to be. The lens area of the bottom is closed over to where the curve of the dust cover and slide meet then there is a rectangular opening with filleted corners.

Up inside that there is a block insert with a tapered arbor the muzzle slides over. The arbor is maybe 1/4" diameter at maximum so it can't be a bore obstruction if it snaps off and I assume allows for making it handier to use if a light is not attached to the pistol.

No idea (yet) on how the muzzle block/arbor gadget is set up or located on other frame sizes.

It is possible to access the lens (TLR at least) with a finger if you really work at it.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB1 View Post
    How about semi closed for an answer, at least in the 19 + Surefire model.

The holster is for Surefire or TLR so with a TLR it is about 1/2" longer than it has to be. The lens area of the bottom is closed over to where the curve of the dust cover and slide meet then there is a rectangular opening with filleted corners.

Up inside that there is a block insert with a tapered arbor the muzzle slides over. The arbor is maybe 1/4" diameter at maximum so it can't be a bore obstruction if it snaps off and I assume allows for making it handier to use if a light is not attached to the pistol.

No idea (yet) on how the muzzle block/arbor gadget is set up or located on other frame sizes.

It is possible to access the lens (TLR at least) with a finger if you really work at it.
    Sounds similar, if slighty more open than my ALS. Semi open would prob be good enough, let some debris follow through wear my old ALS doesn't.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast